Pour House / Sitting Duck Tinton Falls

I’ve always imagined @NotJrvedivici looking dapper and snazzy in the latest togs. I’ve wondered, though, if occasionally he replaces the spectacles with a monocle, for a more striking effect. Along the same lines, I’m curious to know how he sculpts the mustache he sports in his profile photo when he’s amongst the HOs.

THAT.

1 Like

d9e1c6d55626a3baa330bf45ff86a87f91230ca7

That’s him in the middle on the scooter…

I thought back in the day The Quay, just down the road, was a better choice than the Rum Runner. We had several fine meals there.

It depends on how “back in the day” you are going. I’m not sure The Quay was opened nearly as long at Rum Runners, but in the 80’s and 90’s I would tend to disagree with you, however once the 2000’s came upon us, Rum Runners had started to slip, so perhaps The Quay was a better choice.

Of course my memory could be faulty, but I’m think of the early 80s. I just liked the ambiance better there. So it could be that colored my opinion? We did several family gatherings at the Quay. Rum Runner was more for hanging out with friends.

Funny, not talking about faulty memories I really don’t recall The Quay as being around in the 80’s. That pre-dates my moving to the area, but we would travel from Edison to go to Rum Runners throughout my childhood, ever did we go to the Quay, so perhaps I’m wrong.

So I missed the 19.99 prime rib special …sold out.

1 Like

Is that an LIT?

If it is it sure don’t look very good.

@corvette_johnny same story at The Pour House, after 8/8:30 it’s always sold out.

Nope…that’s my uncles coke. This is my second LIT

I demolished two of these.

2 Likes

Has anyone had the steak and crab cake Thursday night special for 19?

Well, unfortunately I’ve already started my weekend, but I think I merged the two threads.

1 Like

For the love of God what the f#ck did you do?? Its the last time I leave you alone in the laboratory. It’s a Frakenthread!!! Did you scream; “It’s Alive” when you created this?? Look, why does Greg’s post still have a large bold title in the middle of the thread??

I think this Dr. Frankenstein needs a new Igor, though you do have a Marty Feldman quality about you.

4 Likes

Why does the thread title say Neptune?

Me do good master?

1 Like

Has anyone noticed that at some point in the last few years more and more places are making their fried calamari with the big thick squid instead of the small thin ones that used to be ubiquitous? What’s the deal with that?

2 Likes

Astute observation and one that I have indeed shared with you. No idea why, but would like to know!

My guess is that it is cheaper and/or more readily available. I like the smaller thin squid…not as much chew.

1 Like

Like @corvette_johnny said, it must be a matter of money and/or availability.