Pour House / Sitting Duck Tinton Falls

Glad you enjoyed it. Did you know the pour house is their sister restaurant?

Food is about the same but a little more money. Then again, long branch is a further drive for you.

They put out one of the best burgers around and I love the cheddar sauce there.

And yes, most dinners come with soup and salad. There are nightly specials too. I don’t eat prime rib much but I recall their version was pretty decent a long while back.

3 Likes

What prices are more, Pour or Duck? (I never knew there was a difference) The Grist Mill was always my favorite but now is just a memory…the prime rib is adequate you certainly won’t complain for the price. As you said it does come with soup and salad which both add value to the $19.95 (I think) price. Oh let’s not forget the vegetable and potato, it all adds up to a good meal.

1 Like

Yeah that place is a decent deal when you factor in the salad and soup. Nothing has ever blown me away, except for the burgers, but I can’t recall anything bad.

The Shrewsbury one is a little more money…at least last time I checked.

I only found out they were related to Pour House this weekend. Their placemats bear both restaurants.

The travel to Shrewsbury is annoying, but it cannot be worse than trying to get to Long Branch on a Friday in the summer. Maybe I will check it out.

1 Like

Tell me this doesn’t sound good! I was checking out the special today.

Angry Butcher’s Blend Burger – ½ pound of freshly ground short ribs, chuck, & brisket on a brioche roll
with melted pepper jack cheese, chipotle mayo & hot cherry peppers. Served with french fries, coleslaw & pickle 13.99

I’ve had the regular butchers blend and those are awesome. This one looks tasty

3 Likes

Sounds like something I would devour. Admittedly I am not a big burger guy (gasps) but anything with chipotle may and cherry peppers has my attention. Was that SD or PH?

I found that on SD but pH may have it too. The menus are very similar and so are the specials.

1 Like

Not to be mr pedantic here but technically that side of the street is Tinton Falls. Lol. Def my fav burger in the area surpassing Barney’s lately for burger. Although you could grab a bagel masters pork roll egg and cheese on the way or hit up Albarino for a Shrewsbury review.

I’d love to see you do a review of cj mcloones practically next door to ph. Would be another one star review for your site I think. Was by far the worst meal I’ve experienced since moving here; price food, service all sucked. It was pretty inside though.

1 Like

I haven’t been to a McLoone’s in ages. Maybe with family for my 8th grade graduation. I don’t remember much except it was their Sea Bright location. We never went back. Maybe there was a reason.

1 Like

Just had a similar conversation with someone last night… Almost 3 years of living in AP and I’ve never set foot in McCloone’s/Robinson’s.

1 Like

The shame is 20 years ago Mc Loon’s Rum Runner, was an excellent fine dining restaurant. Even it had lost most of its allure prior to Sandy knocking it out, but at one time that was the “go to” place.

I’ve never been attracted to them, before or after I started the blog. I remember the Rum Runner (pre-Sandy; I must have been there in 2005 or so) as a fine dining experience. I’m just not a fan of it. I know food writers usually hit up those kind of places, and I do on occasion, but I am more of a fan of casual dining. Places like Portuguese Manor, I would say “upscale casual” are good, but fine dining has never been my thing. I feel like I have rambled in this post LOL but I hope y’all get my meaning.

I have seen pictures post-Sandy and it looks a little more casual than the past, as I described in my previous post. Is that so?

Only thing I remember of my one and only dining experience there was my family getting the chocolate fondue appetizer, which had to be ordered at the beginning of the meal so there was adequate time to melt and prepare the chocolate. They charged by the person if I recall correctly. I enjoyed that very much, but what kid wouldn’t?

I can’t say that I disliked the place, but for my family who LOVED to eat out prior to my dad’s passing, I imagine we would have went back if it was better than average.

1 Like

I always think Sysco when I think of his places…never knew the Rum Runner was fine dining!

1 Like

Unless they had a different location in around 2005 or so in a similar location to where they are now? That is what I remember.

Oh, I believe you! Just hadn’t ever heard that… I ASSumed that his restaurants were always similar to the way they are now.

2 Likes

It is in the exact same location however the original building was destroyed by Sandy and the new building replaced it. It is far more casual now than it was in the past, I can’t say for sure if in 2005 it had started its journey downhill or not, but it was certainly around that time.

@CurlzNJ without a doubt Rum Runners of the 80’s & 90’s was a “go-to” Spot at the Jersey Shore. It was one of the few places most men wore jackets and they had a live piano player in the dining room. Let’s put it this way, it was in contention for my daughters christening back in 95’ which we had at Oyster Point since the service was in Red Bank.

Many fond memories of Rum Runners back in the day.

2 Likes

Right on the money. This was the premier spot back in the day, along with the fromagerie. That venue was classy and not hipster/artsy like all the new places now. It reminded me of a new england seafood restaurant.

2 Likes

“New England seafood restaurant”

What a shame if that was the case. We need one of those around here.

Clone_trooper_armor