Pour House / Sitting Duck Tinton Falls

FWIW Woody’s isn’t too far away from both the Pour House and Mcloones and I would recommend that as the top pick for the area. I truly like Woody’s.

Has Woddy’s done sufficient staff training so their bartender(s) are no longer inexcusably rude? Have they gotten their parking situation righted? I go back and forth about giving them another shot.

I’ve not had a problem with their bartenders and I’ve dined at the bar several times. Parking on Weekends seems to be a problem, but during the week I’ve never experienced a parking problem. It seems their parking problem is generally when they are full anyway.

1 Like

+1 for Woddy’s.

Not Mexican tacos, but good tacos nonetheless.

As regards the bartending I know Sebastian Bach woody be hangin there if he was still around…

The Pour House in Tinton Falls is a regular stop a couple times a month when we get the burger need. Believe they are the best burger in the Greater Red Bank area. Get there for their Happy Hour and their HH special appys. One thing we have noticed over the many, many years going is that the burgers you get when sitting at the bar are cooked in the middle of the bar…at a table they are cooked in the kitchen. So? Well, the ones cooked in the middle of the bar are much better. The fries that come with the burger are excellent. We always sit at the bar if we are by ourselves…it does get noisy and a little crazy at times but bartenders are attentive.

1 Like

Excellent assessment of the Pour House, Barnacle Bills in Rumson is always highly regarded for their burgers (grilled behind the bar as well) in the greater Red Bank area.

Also Welcome to Hungry Onion!! There is this thread for newbies if you want to fill us in a little more about yourself!

Enjoy! Look forward to more of your contributions of our local establishments. (I’m from the area as well)

1 Like

Just remembered similar to the burgers the wings when ordered from the bar are cooked on the grill behind the bar and are very good, when ordered from the table they come from the kitchen, not so good.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome…I will do the newbie thread. We used to love the Barnacle burgers (go back to the days it was located on the dock and at full moon high tides the water came through the floorboards) but last 2 or 3 times they were a disappointment. BUT, all those times we were with others at a table. Maybe same thing holds true for Barnacle’s about cooking behind bar as at the PH.

From their Facebook page!! Generally their specials come with a soup and or salad and a couple of sides. Not a bad deal all things considered, I don’t think you are going to find a whole lobster for below this price anywhere. (If you do share where!!!)

Pourhouse

Wash it down with one of these babies !!! ( I think I should be on their payroll for this kind of promotion!!) @corvette_johnny @gcaggiano @joonjoon I see one of you taking advantage of these specials!!! ((Full Disclosure I am NOT on their payroll. lol))

Pourhouse

2 Likes

Wow…this sounds good!

Look at the first lobster. There is no way that thing is 1.25 :wink:. Look at that claw! Lol

Yeah I’m not sure that’s just clip art they are using hot the promotion.

My wife is a fan of either lobster special - the whole bug or the tail preparation. I’m a fan of the Tuesday NY strip.

Just some expectation setting: it seems the bar is either packed to the walls or empty - there seems no happy medium; and a special peeve of mine, atrociously cheap tableware.

But I think the value is there and they are reliable. Kick back with a Kane and enjoy.

2 Likes

Spot on with the cheap silverware, also while I appreciate the free popcorn bar snack, they load that with so much salt it can literally pucker your lips. Yes, the point is to “assist” your thirst, but dammit why do you have to ruin the popcorn?

Consistency and value, oh and excellent burgers, bar cooked food(s). I love their grilled clams and wings from the bar as well.

1 Like

I don’t believe so. All the Barnacles burgers seem to come from the bar area.

And welcome.

1 Like

Time to show The Pour House some love people. Their burgers are frequently discussed here being one of the best in the area, generally only second to Barnacle Bills. While I’m a big fan of their roasted clams and wings (at the bar only!!!) they also have a hell of a prime rib special on Wednesday nights. $ 19.99 gets you a nice cut of meat, plus soup, plus salad (garden or shrimp and egg) and a side. Not a bad deal for a 3 course meal.

Last night I made the decision to ask the waitress if it were possible to get a “double cut” and what the up-charge would be. She checked with the kitchen and said yes and up charge would be $ 13. So for
$ 32.99 I got this beast. It was very good, very tender and cooked perfectly. My only criticism of this being very good vs. great/excellent is the lack of any char. I prefer my prime rib with some burnt crispy edges preferable around the bone, this completely lacks that.

Do take note to the bone!! It’s very hard to find places still serving prime rib on the bone. I used to like Houlihans Prime Rib, however 2 problems;
1.) No double cuts, so they pre-portioned their prime rib
2.) No bone in cuts.
Even the notorious prime rib chain Charlie Browns does not have bone in cuts anymore.

So for all intent and purposes this is a very good prime rib and at $19.99 or $ 32.99 a dam good deal for a prime rib dinner.

89175ec08b885250d44b7a90001ef8fcde85640a_1_525x700

d4222c474861c1564197cb344f878c965af59866_1_525x700

7 Likes

All you people with your Barnacle Bills love, here was my Pour House Burger today for lunch! The Bisto Burger and it was friggin delicious!!! (I don’t order burgers often but I didn’t remember them serving these crunchy fries, I thought they used to have thick cut fries. I prefer regular or thick cut over these crunchy fries)

5 Likes

That looks heavenly! (As I eat a banana and some raw carrots with hummus…)

2 Likes

Looks awesome JR.
We usually go chips or upgrade to onion rings.
I’ve come to decide PH is my new #1 for burgers in the area. Have enjoyed my burgers there much more so than B.B. lately.

2 Likes

Am I wrong though? Didn’t they use to have those thick cut steak fries?