Pour House / Sitting Duck Tinton Falls

Got burgers here…very good, Def number 1 behind bb and much closer. Place was packed, they must print money there.

well the month is almost over but does the PH or SD have any good octoberfest dishes? last year I had some pretty decent sauerbraten, considering we are about out of german options in Monmouth county. Man this month has flown by. I didn’t even think of German food until now.

My wife really enjoyed the sauerbraten there she’s gotten it twice, I had the schnitzel once and was neutral on it.

I did enjoy the pea soup though!

Gotta go back for the burger might be tied with Barnacle bill to be honest.

I went to the pH tonight and prices are all of the place. For example, a 17.99 burrito and then some 21.99 seafood combo with half a lobster, flounder, shrimp and at least one stuffed with crabmeat. That seafood dish seemed to be a decent value. Has anyone noticed this?

I was not feeling it, so after a 7.00 beer I left and had a good meal at Greek eats. I wasnt in a burger mood so I headed out. This place is on its game. If you talk to the dudes they will hook you up . Check this plate out …

2 Likes

Looks sick. Love that place. It’s my go to when I’m home alone.

Beware the crabmeat stuffing at PH Ceej. It has led to severe gastrointestinal distress in my past experience.

And they have gotten pricey. But there is not a lot of competition around there.

Is it me or is the sitting duck a bit cheaper? It could be my imagination.

The butchers burger was 15.99 or 16.99 tonight and I swear the last time at SD the same burger was like 12.99

Nope I think your right. PH is more expensive. There just isn’t anything else close by to compete.

That McClone up the street is just awful.

Agree on Mccloones. It was one of first places we tried when we moved here. I figured despite the reviews on ch. how bad could it be. It was worse. Food service price…all terrible. Will never set foot in one of his places again. Would sooner do Dublin house than one of his spots

1 Like

Alas, a friend just gave us a gift certificate for McLoone’s, which we will end up using at the Robinson Ale House. Any suggestions what to get there? (Note–we are not drinkers, so suggestions on which ale to buy will not be helpful. :frowning: )

CJ Mcloones should be burned to the ground and every male child should be rounded up and castrated to put an permanent end to that bloodline. (ok maybe a bit too extreme)

@eleeper I would check and see if the gift certificate is good for Rum Runners. It reopened over the summer and while I’m not going to truly recommend it for it’s food, at least its a beautiful environment and view. You will at least get your money’s worth for that.

Unfortunately nothing good to report. I remember having some meatballs as an app with some friends and I said “wow these aren’t terrible” lol…that’s about all I can remember.

FWIW Woody’s isn’t too far away from both the Pour House and Mcloones and I would recommend that as the top pick for the area. I truly like Woody’s.

Has Woddy’s done sufficient staff training so their bartender(s) are no longer inexcusably rude? Have they gotten their parking situation righted? I go back and forth about giving them another shot.

I’ve not had a problem with their bartenders and I’ve dined at the bar several times. Parking on Weekends seems to be a problem, but during the week I’ve never experienced a parking problem. It seems their parking problem is generally when they are full anyway.

1 Like

+1 for Woddy’s.

Not Mexican tacos, but good tacos nonetheless.

As regards the bartending I know Sebastian Bach woody be hangin there if he was still around…

The Pour House in Tinton Falls is a regular stop a couple times a month when we get the burger need. Believe they are the best burger in the Greater Red Bank area. Get there for their Happy Hour and their HH special appys. One thing we have noticed over the many, many years going is that the burgers you get when sitting at the bar are cooked in the middle of the bar…at a table they are cooked in the kitchen. So? Well, the ones cooked in the middle of the bar are much better. The fries that come with the burger are excellent. We always sit at the bar if we are by ourselves…it does get noisy and a little crazy at times but bartenders are attentive.

1 Like

Excellent assessment of the Pour House, Barnacle Bills in Rumson is always highly regarded for their burgers (grilled behind the bar as well) in the greater Red Bank area.

Also Welcome to Hungry Onion!! There is this thread for newbies if you want to fill us in a little more about yourself!

Enjoy! Look forward to more of your contributions of our local establishments. (I’m from the area as well)

1 Like

Just remembered similar to the burgers the wings when ordered from the bar are cooked on the grill behind the bar and are very good, when ordered from the table they come from the kitchen, not so good.

1 Like