Popeye's Fried Chicken Sandwich

This was my experience as well when I had one the last go-round. I got the spicy and it was crispy and also had a really flavorful moist interior.

1 Like

A new vid…

Does she pop gramps with a right hook? I cant tell if she landed it. These people are freaking animals.

1 Like

What would happen if there was a shortage of something that is really good?

3 Likes

I agree. Not relevant to any particular brand of fast food but why weren’t the customer, the manager, and the counter person arrested for assault and battery?

I think there are too often calls for people to be fired for mistakes. In this case, why has Popeyes not made it clear that their staff are expected to be civil? Much as it pains me to say so, my reaction is that the manager and counter person should be terminated. Popeyes could do the paperwork in the holding cell those two share with the (idiot) customer.

3 Likes

I don’t know for sure but if it did land he’s got a good chin!!

4 Likes

A woman went back for a refund after reportedly being double charged. Think I would’ve just cut my losses at this Popeye’s location…

3 Likes

Will someone please bring out the bell to signal the death knell of Popeyes…

4 Likes

Wow, that dude just body slammed a 55 year old lady onto pavement? Is popeyes watching this? I guess profit comes first and they are letting this ride out.

2 Likes

I believe so. The guy was fired and charged with a felony. otoh, I don’t see Popeye’s trying to stop this madness. Maybe a few nuisance lawsuits/settlements over “lack of security at a trying time” . That they actually brought on themselves.

1 Like

They should be proactive like Best Buy does and believe me I know a lot about that company. Any time there is a big event such as Black Friday or a new release they give out tickets for any items and only allow a limited amount of customers in at a time.

So you have 200 chicken pieces you give out 200 or slightly less tickets. When they’re gone they’re gone. Have a couple of employees out for crowd control or better yet uniformed security or law enforcement.

It works and you never see Best Buy on the news like Wally World.

3 Likes

Gotta love Fox News.

2 Likes

…Wink, wink, hint, hint. Just say it. Don’t be a…

No pun intended.

2 Likes

I tried it in September and liked it a lot. The Kenmore Square location closed which was a big surprise to me because they always seemed to be busy. Does anyone know why?

1 Like

Drove by our only nearby Popeye’s yesterday (Saturday) at 4:30PM. Drive-thru line had 25 cars in it that I could see; probably more as it disappeared behind an adjacent building. The small lot was full too. Sheesh!

Right after they ran out last time I picked up some boneless pieces, bought a brioche bun and tried to make my own at home. It was pretty darned good. That’s not even possible now as I can’t even get near the place. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Wow. Why don’t you go ahead and make it clearer?

2 Likes

I prefer my fried chicken dark meat, and on the bone thank you. And until all this, went fairly regularly, and there were often great “deals”.

Someone please let me know when I can go again without onlookers.

In a similar vein ( okay, maybe not), I love Buffalo chicken wings, but not frying, and am about to try another batch of the Best Oven-Fried Buffalo Wings.

1 Like

What am I missing here? Popeyes has always had a fried chicken sandwich. I bought one in the drive thru several years ago and it came fresh out of the fryer. Be the time I ate it 5-8 minutes later, it was soggy and falling apart. Never ordered it again. But they sure aren’t new unless they somehow just improved them.

2 Likes

Not the same sandwich.

https://www.businessinsider.com/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-vs-chicken-poboy-review-2019-8

The one I had was a fried chicken sandwich on a hamburger bun, not a po-boy. And it was 3 or 4 years ago, not earlier this year.

I recently (before the chicken sandwich came out) stopped at popeyes drive through. I got some chicken tenders and they honestly were pretty crappy. I think they were just sitting for a long time. I actually didnt even finish them and chucked them out :confused: I’m not going back for a while.

I never have this problem at chick fil A. The meat is always hot, juicy, and consistent. Plus you don’t have to wait a long time on line with morons. You also don’t have to worry about them running out or getting body slammed, stabbed, or having someone swinging trays at your head.

1 Like