Popeye's Fried Chicken Sandwich

Finally got to try both versions at lunch today.

The original (mild) version is set up like a Chick-Fil-A sandwich. The chicken was cooked properly, hot and juicy with a crispy exterior. It was not bad. I’d put it just below Chick-Fil-A on the scale of fried chicken sandwich goodness.

The spicy version was better. In addition to a spicier filet, it also came with a semi-spicy sauce that really brought the sandwich together for me.

Synopsis - Don’t go out of your way, but worth a try if you are eating at Popeyes.

8 Likes

How long was the line?

1 Like

I got there right at 10:30 and there was a line around the building already!

1 Like

Thanks for this. Sounds like a yes for me, since I wouldn’t eat at Chick-Fil-A if you paid me.

2 Likes

After watching, reading and hearing the multiple fights including a murder caused by the this ridiculous sandwich, I officially have -0- interest in trying it.

7 Likes

+1

I’ll stick to chick fil A nuggets :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The line was short at Popeyes today, and there was a parking space, so I grabbed a sandwich. Meh, I’m afraid. The chicken was not crisp at all, kind of dry in fact, probably because they made a bunch of them in advance. Who knows how long they were sitting out. This was the mild version. If I get the chance, next time I’ll try the spicy, but I won’t go out of my way.

2 Likes

I had one today myself. There was a bit of a crowd, so I asked a couple of people on their way out, how long they had to wait, total. I was told 15-20 min, so I waited in line. 10 min to order, and another 35 min to get my sandwich. Apparently the wait time fluctuates greatly. Wouldn’t have waited had I known that. The sandwich was really great – moist chicken, crispy breading. That said, now I think wait at least a couple of weeks before going again, in hopes that the crowds will die down.

3 Likes

Holy crap, what a moron! Watch this video. It is hilarious and kind of frightening at the same time.

1 Like

Exactly why I will have nothing to do with this. Lol

1 Like

Wow, even my evening news yesterday here in France talked about this sandwich place. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It is actually not a sandwich place. It is a fried chicken fast food place. They just came out with a sandwich recently and the media is turning it into this huge story and making people really aggressive (in my opinion.) It will be over soon though once the hype dies down.

1 Like

Such hype is amazing. I mean after all it is a fried chicken sandwich. You mean you cannot find another place with more or less the same sandwich?

Not sure this place will open a branch here, but I would like to try it if it is around the corner (and not so dangerous). :yum:

2 Likes

I got it. Don’t worry, we have an equal amount of these type of idiocy here, not with a sandwich but worse…

4 Likes

I wouldn’t wish that on France or anywhere else in the world. This “sandwich” seems to have really brought out the worst in society. I’m truthfully appalled by the behavior of people trying to get the sandwich, which already includes one stabbing/murder.

1 Like

OK, first of all, stabbing?? I barely grazed him! :grin:

2 Likes

Here is something I stumbled upon which was titled: “The real secret behind those chicken sandwiches”. I have eaten at a Popeye’s once in my life, so I cannot attest to this being their uniforms, but can any of you? Is this possibly a behind the scenes look at the preparation of the infamous sandwich? If so how does this sit with those of you who have actually had them? (@seal didn’t you post in NJ you got one?)

Bon appetite !!!

(full disclosure, I do NOT believe this type of food prep is exclusive to Popeye’s if it is their uniforms, my money would be scenes like this are more the norm than the exception at fast food joints)

1 Like

Kudos though, at least she’s wearing gloves! (probably just cleaned the bathrooms with them)

1 Like

The garbage can aromas permeate the chicken. That’s where the flavor comes from.

I wonder where the fly paper is?

2 Likes

I ordered both of mine with extra garbage, or as those in the know say, animal style.

5 Likes