Pizza Suggestions? - Greater Boston

Welcome @Alcachofa ol’ CH friend! Hungry Onion is usually a friendly place.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll see you at the Mighty Squirrel sometime.

3 Likes

welcome @Alcachofa!

1 Like

Hey, Alcachofa! Welcome.

1 Like

I had the occasion to be in Nonantum and did a double take when I walked past The Landing Pizza & kitchen - L’Approdo. I was in a bit of a hurry so I only had time for a slice ($2.00), but judging by the delicious crust and sauce on the slice I will be back soon to try out the pies. There was a lot that appealed in my 2 minute inspection (arancini special, filled to order cannoli, nice looking sfogliatelle, fresh baked bread). More places like this please.

It’s a block down from DePasquale’s and must be relatively new.

5 Likes

Ah thanks for the report. Was on my list but had never made it. Will have to swing in.

1 Like

it’s been there for a bit, I went there maybe a year or so ago. When I went the pizzas kind of took forever to be made but were really good overall.

2 Likes

I keep forgetting about this place. Any sense how it would hold up for takeout?

We got two very tasty pies from the Landing/L’approdo last night. One pie was a marinara with cheese. I wanted a little garlic and the regular tomato sauce doesn’t have any, so I went with that combo. The other pie was The Landing, which had sausage, olives, potatoes and onions. The crust is very thin and really flavorful with good fermentation and plenty of salt. It is probably tied with Area Four’s crust as my favorite. The toppings on the second pie tended to make the crust a little soft, but I’d order both again.

They also have sandwiches, either half or whole, made on bread from their wonderful dough. My son got the veggie frittata and really enjoyed it. He said that the veggies were well-seasoned and flavorful.

There are a couple of stools, but this is definitely a takeout place.

6 Likes

This is an old thread but I figured I’d resurrect it. I keep seeing ads for PRKD pizza trucks in Waltham. Has anyone tried the pizza? They offer both delivery and pickup and seem to have at least four trucks, or maybe four locations where the truck hangs out.

We’ve been getting pizza delivered from Area Four about once a month for the last 2–3 years, and they’re always very good. Their soppressata (“Not Pepperoni” on the menu) is particularly good, especially when it has crisped. Their salads are excellent as well, as are the “not pizza” dishes we’re tried. Two nights ago, they had terrific sticky ribs.

1 Like

We’ve become pretty loyal to Enzina at this point (Waltham). Delivery is smooth and the pies always solid. Haven’t tried a lot of the rest of the menu though (although it looks great). We get the Romana (white pie with sausage and potato) and the Quattro Fromaggi usually.

2 Likes

They do have an interesting menu. One day I hope to return to Waltham runs, and they’ll be on my list.

1 Like

Si Cara in Cambridge!

1 Like

Have you eaten in or out? I was excited about its opening, and was hoping to one-up @GretchenS, with her fondness for SRV, by eating that pizza before her – but our one delivery so far has been flat. Of course, it’s a style pf pizza that may not travel well, so I need to give them more chances.

2 Likes

Must eat it there! The puffy crust is unique, addictive and echoes in my consciousness perpetually :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We are officially obsessed with Jinny’s Pizzeria in Newton Centre. The best pepperoni ever, great combos of other ingredients, wonderful salads and sides, especially if you eat in. The pizza does travel the short distance to my house fine, though.

7 Likes

Also, Brewer’s fork has a KILLER beer draft list. the person who manages it supposedly worked at Row34 previously and it shows.

3 Likes

I miss A4 which was in Somerville. their pizza was uniformly excellent. I’ve given up on Area Four after several underwhelming experiences in a row.

1 Like

As I recall, A4 was in Somerville for about 15 minutes…or maybe 2 months. We only had a chance to go once before they closed. I can’t remember why…