Pizza Suggestions? - Greater Boston

We haven’t gotten takeout and I don’t recall any issues related to size. Like Uni, we’ve had the experience of extra pies arriving on the house because they weren’t satisified with the first.

1 Like

tend to agree, and because of that we have a growing appreciation of simplicity letting good ingredients shine. Hence the tomato pie at Pepes, the Margherita at Al Forno are among our favorites.

3 Likes

Cheeseburger pizza??? :frowning:

Surprisingly good (if you like animal style burger)

Is it basically just hamburger and cheese or are there other toppings like onions, cheddar, etc.?

according to their webpage - grilled angus beef and sweet onion, stoked sauce, tomatoes, pickles, secret cheese blend - the pickles and the “animal-style” sauce made the difference

That actually sounds kind of fun.

Sounds a bit like too much fun to me.
(But, hey, I’m the austere guy who cannot finish a B^3.)

I would like to add MAST in Province Street, Boston for real Neapolitan Pizza

2 Likes

If you’re getting pies for carryout, they shouldn’t be cut until serving time. That way the liquids won’t be able to soak through to spoil the crust.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s a great suggestion. Thanks for that!

Curious if anyone has any tried the Rabottini’s Pizza “pop up” in the old Stone Hearth location on Western Ave in Allston?

Rabottini’s was great. They are serving both square, Sicilian type pies as well as round pies that are a bit thinner. We went with their original square pizza this time, and will be back for the round. I am not a huge Sicilian guy, but this one was very good. The crust had great flavor and chew and the toppings were great, pepperoni on half and very thinly sliced opinions on the other. All ingredients are extremely high quality. My only nit is that the pizza could use a touch more sauce. The pizza was big enough to feed 4. The one piece left over was even better out of the fridge later that night. We also tried both salads, which were well made, extremely fresh and made with excellent ingredients.

The people working here were very friendly. I hope they make their concept work in a permanent location as it would be a nice addition to the area. I think if they got an oven to their specific liking, the pizza could be even better. I believe they said they will be in this location through early September, so get in there and support these guys.

3 Likes

Sorry the ONIONS on the other half were thinly sliced, not opinions. DYAC.

They had a lot of interesting topics, mainly made from fresh local ingredients. They also get their sausage, etc. from MF Dulock.

2 Likes

As with almost everything else in my life, I like opinionated pizza! I don’t shy away from a good debate - bring it on!

Looking forward to trying this place!

1 Like

Thinly sliced opinions and interesting topics. Sounds like a very cerebral pizza.

4 Likes

:thinking: Imma stop typing on my phone for awhile…

1 Like

We had a follow up visit to Rabottini’s and I’m definitely hoping they find a permanent home close by. We went with the round pie this time and I prefer it over the Sicilian, even though the square pie was great. The round pie is thinner and had a much better sauce to crust ratio for me. It’s maybe a touch thicker than somewhere like Regina but the crust stands up perfectly to any topping.

As mentioned before, their ingredients are all top notch. Even the romaine in the Caesar salad was crisp, tasty and farm fresh.

The place was packed at 6p this time.

1 Like

Did anyone mention Crush on State St?? Took the fam there while visiting the NE Aquarium. Loved their pies and they had some inventive stuff. I’m not an authority on pizza but I am from NYC, so… :wink:

1 Like

Too much…I’ve got the hiccups