Pizza-Pizza-Pizza!!! Monmouth County NJ

Pizza was the answer again to the “what are we going to eat” question. Attilio’s WLB. Nice bacon coverage.

5 Likes

Was at my museum in Atlantic Highlands last night with a few friends and we ordered from Chiafullo’s. It was EXCELLENT. Two small pies and a calzone to share. Perfect crust with a slight char on top, good amount of cheese, plentiful toppings. The “small” calzone was enormous and packed with pepperoni, mozzarella, and ricotta. Despite the four of us being known to enjoy eating, we could not finish what we ordered.

Normally, we order from Pomodoro Rosso. As someone who has worked in AH in some capacity since 2011, they have always been “blah”. Yet no matter where I am or who I am with, when it comes to pizza, someone always says Pomodoro. Thankfully last night, my friend spoke up and said, “What about Chiafullo’s?” Thank God she did. Very satisfied.

4 Likes

I haven’t been to that location, but I assume they are related to the now closed location in Belford? If so , I always really enjoyed the pizza from there, found it to be quite good. I believe @corvette_johnny was also a fan

2 Likes

Chiaffullo’s was always good when they were in their original Red Bank location. (now The Greek Spot) Unfortunately once they moved I haven’t had them since, glad they are still doing well.

If I remember correctly the owner was related to either Nunziio’s or Tuzzio’s in Long Branch, can’t remember which one but it was the same family.

2 Likes

Barrel and roost got 7.3 from batstool today on the site. Seems the pizza was a bit undercooked. Hoping we get to see the rest of the places he scores this week. Would be nice for a few local places to get a bump

2 Likes

I know he hit Luigi’s Lincroft and Marucas on Seaside boardwalk as well. But only thing posted so far was Zoni’s and Nicholas. Love how the guy in the Zoni’s review video bombed it and said go over to Nicholas for a great pie haha.

Marucas review came out today. 7.7 I believe…for those scoring at home. I have a feeling the Galley and Luigis are going to score high for the area. No reason behind that thinking other than the exuberance of the owners on social media.

Maruca’s was 7.5. I don’t really like Maruca’s so I would have gone even lower.

1 Like

Posting because this pie was very good. The onions seemed like an afterthought but everything else rocked. Great crust, cheese perfect and sauce just right. Too bad I ordered this one for the freezer or I may have eaten half. Attilio’s West Long Branch.

5 Likes

Rosies in PPB got 8.5 today. That’s a big score, gotta make it there, pie looked great (I trust reviews on here more and Rosies gets high marks, but great to see local spots get love!)

3 Likes

It’s absolutely worth the drive to Rosie’s (wherever you’re coming from), and then you should also hit Point Creamery for some of the best house-made ice cream I’ve had in a long time (and I grew up on Denville Dairy). As I recall, I had blueberry pie the last time I went, and it had chunks of pie crust woven throughout. JUST. SAYIN’. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I do have to try it soon, the problem is when we’re down the way we end up a Deninos in brick, the car just steers itself at this point

I second what @CurlzNJ said about Rosie’s. Their pizza is great. I haven’t been since restrictions were lifted but they had very strict protocols during the height of the pandemic. I’m not sure what the process is now.

In our previous life we would start at Last Wave Brewing Co. which is a few yards north on Arnold Ave. When we got hungry we’d order a pie and run across the street to Rosie’s and being it back the brewery.

2 Likes

How would you rate Point Creamery against Nicholas and Cookman? I’ve only been to Point Creamery once but I’m not sure why I never bothered to go back.

1 Like

At this point, I would need to do some additional testing… which I am completely willing to do. For science.
But as I recall, Point Creamery had many more flavors than Nicholas.

2 Likes

As you well know, I have trouble picking from the selection at Nicholas. Point Creamery may not be good for me.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Hoffman’s which is right around the corner from Rosie’s. It might not be as artisanal as Nicholas but it is so very good with a large selection of flavors.

1 Like

I concur— Hoffman’s has always reminded me a bit of the ice cream of my childhood, which is Denville dairy (which is also still very good)! I had some Key Lime pie ice cream there last year that was fantastic.

3 Likes

Vics 8.3. Lots of love for local spots. so happy to see them do well on reviews that huge numbers watch!

4 Likes

Del Pontes in BB got 8.2
Ive never been there and not much discussion about them on here. The Bakery is awesome, may fav in the area- will have to try a pice now too.

1 Like