Philly Cheese Steaks

Imagine that :thinking:

Just stopped at the factory. Was going to make a pizza tonight. Gonna be a little goat in there.

Only .42 lb. enough for one good size pizza. I think goat provolone, which I’ve had before, might be the thing that takes a Philly to the next level. This was Mozz I bought for tonight, though.

$1.26

Well you’re in Wisconsin. Not a fair cheese fight :cheese:

1 Like

I just thought it was cute, and thought HOs would dig it. The smell. Soft and funky. Goat Gouda is a thing. A real thing. This is only the ones they ship. They have a whole lot more in that little store.

Cheese | Pasture Pride Cheese

1 Like

There’s a farmer at the local farmer’s market who produces a nice range of goat cheeses. He and his wife have a photo album of their “producers” and occasionally bring a few along for the kids to pet.

I think goats will play a muy important part in future milk/cheese/meat. They’re known for eating anything. Fallacy. They are choosy and they can get almost anydamnwhere they please. Unreal how they can climb a tree. Little shts. They’ll jump on the hood of your car, right now. Love the fainters, though. Too cool.

Maybe Steve otta think of an upper echelon cheesesteak.

I hope you’re right. A good cheese maker can make anything from mild to funky strong from goats milk.

There’s a farm near me that sells a variety of its meats . . .I tend towards their beef and chicken, but I love to see their climbing goats . . . much more entertaining than the cows and chickens.

1 Like

It’s not just the funk, but how it works with mushrooms and onions (peppers and red pepperflake sprinkles.) I’ll see if they have prove available next time.

1 Like

That, and I love goat meat. Almost lamby.

They really can climb. Damn near anything. The milk is a bit of a challenge compared to cows. The milking set up is cute as hell. They’re pretty small, only two teets, so the going is a little slower. Once they’re in the habit, though, they just do their thing. They are much tougher than lambs. A lamb gets sick, the lamb will probably die soon. Then again, sheep are immune to rattlesnake venom.

2 Likes