Pete & Elda's (Neptune City)

Agree on their consistency. I’ve been going there for 54 years and my parents went before me.

2 Likes

Oh yes, the garlic bread with cheese. Love it. We had an order the other night. Forgot to mention.

Have not been to Vincent’s.

1 Like

I won’t re-re-retell my Frankie Fed’s story again, but their sausage pie has been one of my favorite pies in the world for years. I love Val’s Lobster pie, and I thought that the pies at P & E’s, Delorenzo’s, and also Denino’s in Aberdeen were all very good as well.

But Rosie’s is making something magical in Point Pleasant. If you haven’t been, go soon before the summer brings hordes of hungry tourists. Get the round pie with Provolone added, and then top a square pie with anything you want.

5 Likes

What I wouldn’t give to have the metabolism of most 17 year old boys.

2 Likes

Went again tonight. So good. As we call it lovingly: cardboard pizza. Xl half pepperoni and a salad. Good times

6 Likes

I have recently ‘rediscovered’ P&E’s. I like to do a late lunch at the bar. The place seems warm and welcoming; the staff is uniformly up and there for you. It’s a general ‘comfort’ experience for me. Pizza is a NJ religion and what I get at P&E’s is reliably what it is - special and done perfectly.

2 Likes

That’s probably the only time when there isn’t a wait! I’ve never gotten in the place in under an hour as far as I can remember.

I remember one night a few years ago when my dad was still alive, he must have been craving this pizza like mad, because we never went out on Mondays. That afternoon he says, “We’re going to Pete and Elda’s tonight because its a Monday and there won’t be a wait.” Yeah, well, the wait was 90 minutes that night!

4 Likes

I picked up a few pizzas, garlic bread, wings and chopped antipasto for the Super Bowl, seeing that the forecast for tomorrow (Super Bowl Sunday) looks horrible. We tried some today (why not) and everything was great. We have tried actual meals and didn’t care for them. Many restaurants do not have trained chefs making chicken Marsala or Francese. We stick with the basics but love P&E’s.

3 Likes

I heard talk that the business was sold about a month ago. Did anyone else hear that?

I have also heard that. Decent source, no confirmation.

Didn’t hear that but their change in social media strategy would seem to coincide with the timing.

Change? What are you seeing?

A lot more pictures and activity and much more promotion of winners who finished the XXL pizza.

1 Like

Rosie’s pizza is so good, my son’s family named their dog Rosie. BTW, she’s a sweetheart :heart:

2 Likes

Interesting, very interesting. I have no dog in this fight, but I really wish my son had a few less shirts.

2 Likes

I’ve never done it. I certainly could, but they have great appetizers and that fills me up. Along with a beer or two, its not happening.

I had a friend years ago who would routinely polish them off along with his own basket of garlic bread with cheese for himself and not one, but TWO glasses of chocolate milk :face_vomiting:. He was skinny as a rail. We could all have such a metabolism.

3 Likes

An acquaintance who lives within walking distance of Pete and Eldas said it had been sold too. I’m not sure how she knows but she’s usually a pretty reliable source. Mr Bean and The Sprout were there a couple of days ago and found the food exactly the same.
@The_Happy_Wizard
@gcaggiano

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I went myself on Sunday , just to check it out. Ordered the XXL pie with sausage and peppers. They wouldn’t give me t shirt since I only ate two slices, darn it!!! LOL

I also had garlic bread with cheese because I need even more carbs in my life. Both were delicious and exactly the same. I don’t regret anything.

I asked the waitress if anything was going to be changing about the restaurant. She said no the new owners are keeping everything exactly the same.

I did notice a condiment corral on each table. I haven’t been in quite a while, so I don’t know if that’s a “new“ thing or not.

I’m very happy that things are supposedly staying the same!

6 Likes

I heard the same thing. I’m a Wednesday afternoon regular and I’ve seen nothing different. I wonder if the “2 checks at the bar” will persist.

1 Like