Pasta lovers

I’m going to jump on the bandwagon and say I did the survey, and I found it much less frustrating than usual. I’ve sent out one or two and it’s not as simple as it might seemed.

What I didn’t feel I got to share as much as I wanted to, was that I might eat it out, but I haven’t cooked much pasta in years, and still don’t, because of health concerns.

I think this must be about buying pasta to cook at home.

My daughter is in digital marketing in NYC. I wish her job was in Milan! We stayed in Bellagio a few years ago. Bliss.

2 Likes

I’ll send an email to family and friends with a link. I’m preparing for a trip and today is very busy but I should have time tomorrow once we’re underway.

4 Likes

215 views on this thread, if 70% of the viewers fill the questionnaire, it will be enough.

Can US mods or board advisors help to promote this thread in their local board to help this young person to graduate?
@NotJrvedivici @seal @sck @biondanonima @hyperbowler @ieatalotoficecream @gaffk @ernie_in_berkeley @winecountrygirl @mariacarmen @passing_thru @GretchenS

4 Likes

Good luck @Giulia95 ! Interesting and well done survey!

2 Likes

Shared on NY/CT. BTW - the only reason I did not buy pasta was because I have a pantry full of it!!

4 Likes

Completed.

Thanks a lot, now I want pasta for breakfast!

4 Likes

Done! Good luck with your project.

1 Like

Thanks @MikeG! I will join the forums you suggested

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I didn’t expect this collaboration!! :grin:

1 Like

Bellagio! Beautiful! I hope you liked Italy

Before Covid I was doing an internship in NYC as Trade Marketing intern. Then, I was forced to return in Italy because of the virus. I can’t describe how much I miss NYC!

3 Likes

Done too and I posted on NY/CT

1 Like

Done! The survey was especially brief for me, because I didn’t buy any pasta when the pandemic started. That said, I always have a box in the house, but I can’t tell you the last time I made anything (and I cook). I also don’t order pasta when I’m out, unless it’s house-made (looking at you, Il Nido in NJ!). Separate of eating a low-carb diet in general, I find pasta way too filling to bother with it from a caloric standpoint. And no, I don’t have a gluten issue–just makes me feel uncomfortably full vs. other foods.

2 Likes

Done! Moderators, thanks for bumping the survey so that I could remember to complete it.

2 Likes

As small_h guessed, egg noodles; I occasionally have bowties around, or non-Israeli couscous, but my wife really likes egg noodles if we’re having noodles without tomato sauce, and sometimes makes kugel with them. (And matzoh balls don’t really count as pasta, but I keep matzoh meal around to make them as well.)

2 Likes

Enjoyed your survey and learned about a few brands I wasn’t aware of as well. Good luck!

1 Like

Yes, I filled out the survey; my comment above was a short summary. The big impacts that Covid’s had on my cooking and food buying impacts have been that I’m not going to restaurants so I cook more, and we’re doing occasional big orders from a few stores that deliver instead of the many smaller trips to more stores that I made during normal times, plus farmshare-style veggie boxes from the local veggie market. I’m vegetarian, my wife’s not, and pasta and chili have been things we make a lot, so we’ve done more pasta per week than in the past.

3 Likes

Thanks @billstewart, interesting!

@Giulia95, I started this thread recently in case you are interested in the replies.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check it out!

Done with survey, and good luck @Giulia95!

1 Like