Pascal and Sabine, Asbury Park NJ

Sorry, I do not recall the price. I’ll see if we have the receipt lying around tomorrow. Served with classic mustard sauce and another that looked cocktail-ish that I did not try.

I usually just buy them from a fish store, Lusty usually has them in season.

1 Like

It’s ok. Don’t worry about it. I was just curious. They look tasty!

Well since I’ve taken up temporary residency at The Berkley Hotel in Asbury Park, due to day 3 without power at home, I decided to visit an favorite old spot. (well I have to be honest Jimmy’s was my first choice but they are closed on Tuesdays) Arrived around 7pm there were two spots at the bar so we sat there. Decent crowd for a rainy Tuesday night in Asbury Park, we ordered a couple of cocktails and looked over the menu.

There was only 1 special a burger @ $28 I don’t care if it’s wagyu beef or not, you are going to be hard pressed to get me to pay $ 28 for a burger. I did see several served and the best looking (and smelling since the guy next to me got one) thing on the dish were the fries!

We ordered:
Apps: escargot (6) - crab cake

Entrees: Pork Chop (guess for who) - Red Snapper

The escargot were excellent, deliciously lathered in garlic butter and herbs! The crab cake was very good but kind of small, it was served with a home made slaw which was very good and very, very light on mayo.

The pork chop was a very nice cut, but it was way too salty. After two or three bites your mouth started to pucker, it was at least a 3 or 4 glasses of water meal. The snapper was very bony and fishy. My wife who is an avid fish eater was turned off by the fishy-ness of it all, her vegetables were very salty as well.

All in all a rather disappointing night at what was one of my favorite newer restaurants in APP.

Quick shout out to @CurlzNJ for the tip, via text, for desert at Amici Gelato, very very good and a cute little place!

2 Likes

So glad you enjoyed Amici! I’ve been there a couple of times…not enough to start a thread, I guess, but I like what they’re doing–and that gelato is all made in-house. DELISH!

As for P&S, I’ve heard from many people that they’ve slipped a bit; it’s never been in my regular rotation, but the last time I was there was 2 years ago.

I suspect it’s not your kind of food, but Reyla is still at the top of my list in AP… cocktails (and bartenders) are fantastic, and so is the food–it’s just a lot of smaller plates. Def worth a drink at the bar, though… Holler if you need other ideas!

1 Like

Bummer! We haven’t been impressed by P&S in any of our visits. I’ve also heard what @CurlzNJ noted too about the downturn.

Did you think about sending either entree back? Sounds like they were largely inedible> Probably wasn’t cheap either. Hope your power is restored soon!!!

I gave them two chances years ago and both times felt everything, from the fries on up, was too salty, and I like salt.

We haven’t been I a while, a couple of weeks ago so my wife could get a burger and that was the first time in a few months.
It was one of our favorites but have heard that table service has slipped and the menu hasn’t had anything on it that I have to have. We always sit at the bar, I still live the cocktails and the pot de creme.

We ate at Modine Monday after Il Posto in Neptune lost power and I went into Amici and had the coconut gelato, very good.

2 Likes