[Paris] Has anyone tried Jeanne-Aimée?

Thank you! So silly that I didn’t think of it right away. But it worked! Thanks.

Just a Jeanne-Aimèe update. Ate there Tuesday night. (Reminder: it’s also open Mondays.) It’s a revelation to me every time I go. I would say it keeps getting better and better, but I thought it was amazing when I first ate there a year ago. This was the menu from Tuesday:

I ate the oyster special, woodfire artichoke, crispy lobster, and grilled lamb chop. Drank glasses of wine they suggested, fantastic for me (and my guest). Too hard between all of the things we ate to figure out a bottle. The gougères had a cream with eel injected inside (not describing this well) that sounds weird and wasn’t, and a plate of variously treated bits of fish rounded out the amuse bouches.

Never had pig’s ears this way, and the combination with the incredible sea-kissed oyster and Camembert ice cream was just Wow. This was probably my favorite bite of the night, but it was all definitely edible. :wink: This one is a good example of why I love the restaurant, though. Chef puts combinations of tastes together that seem somewhat (very?) dubious and creates something sensational.

Picture of artichoke dish doesn’t do it justice. Again, flavor mix is what made the dish for me:

Lamb, what’s not to like about lamb? Less successful/interesting/necessary? pairing with the clams here, but the lamb absolutely delicious:

I didn’t get a picture of the lobster dish, but my friend said it was the best lobster she had ever eaten.

5 Likes

Were there any vegetarian options when you dined there? It looks like there is meat or fish in every dish.

True, there wasn’t much vegetarian the other night. My artichoke was, though not vegan, of course. My friend I took is pescatarian, and she eats chicken, so we were fine. Usually, lots more veggie options. Surprised, now that you pointed out!

I was last at Jeanne-Aimée 3-1/2 weeks ago, and indeed they seem to be upping their game, as do some others such as Parcelles.

1 Like

Loving these reviews. Thanks to all. Will reserve for dinner beginning of October. It’s great to find some new and interesting options we haven’t tried yet.

1 Like

I was there last night. The restaurant continues to evolve. At dinner now, there is only a single five-course tasting menue for 89€ (it was six courses for 89€ on the July 24 menu that is on the website); the change from allowing you to make your own meal apparently took place shortly after I was there last May. At lunch, apparently, you still have a choice between a menu and à la carte.

The food remains very good and a good example of contemporary French, although it may be too refined for those looking more in a traditional direction.

It’s a no choice menu now at dinner? No a la carte? (I was there in June and was still able to choose my courses.)

Maybe this is just for August? Did you ask? :sob:

1 Like

Correct.

I did not ask specifically if it was for August, but when I mentioned that it was a different format from when I’d last been there in May, they said yes, that’s the new format.

1 Like