Oven vs. stovetop

You actually can “bake” stovetop with a large enough Dutch oven. Also, you can buy (someplace?) a stove-top oven. I had to use one when I worked in a hospital lab “some years ago”. So while not awfully convenient, you can do almost all oven functions on stovetop.

1 Like

as for me I prefer using single burner propane stove

1 Like

I would choose of course the burners, because on the stove you can cook everything, and it will be much faster.

I probably agree with you, there was a time when my oven didn’t work and I was fine with just the burners.

Although I use my oven a lot for roasting meats and vegetables, I do not bake. I would choose a gas stovetop. Instead of quiche, you make frittata. You can’t boil water for tea in an oven. You can sauté, fry, braise, grill, griddle, poach, simmer, steam, and toast on a gas stovetop. We lose power in winter storms and warm weather hurricanes. We have a gas range, with a 50 lb. propane tank. The oven won’t work without electricity, but we can light the stovetop with matches.

3 Likes

You have very accurately noticed the reasons why the hotplate is better than the oven. I agree with you, because you can do everything on the hotplate, and there are limited things in the oven. I also really like single-burner stoves. They create a special atmosphere. Since childhood, these propane burners have been associated with camping, with dad, with vacations. On this propane burner, my dad and I cooked food, made tea, and it served as a bonfire. In addition, a propane burner will always help out, even if the lights or gas are turned off. It feels like cooking over a bonfire. I found my ideal burner thanks to a review on CleverWander. I hope you find your own.

1 Like

Apparently I have not voted! I will continue to abstain.