"Orphan" in East Sacramento.

Making lemonade at Orphan in East Sacramento.

Yes, it is Meyer lemon season here, but I am referring to the fact that a recent medical diagnosis means I’m spending a lot of time in Sacramento and often on the prowl for things to eat near the various Sutter medical group offices.

This morning I was looking for nearby The Morning Fork, which Google assured me was open, but alas it was not. Maybe next time, and just as well, because we found ourselves at Orphan.

What a cute neighborhood, and welcome sign, and apparently a prestigious one. There is an abundance of Tudor homes that remind me of Addisleigh Park, near where I grew up in Queens NY

Busy Tuesday morning! I wonder what it’s like when it’s not December 26th. Maybe I’ll find out.

Passed the maple syrup test!

Oh yeah; and pancakes, side of 4 pieces bacon.

I got the rosemary themed breakfast with the rosemary toast, berry jam, two eggs “my style” and awesome potatoes.Awesome.

Down the street was

. which looks promising as well.

10 Likes

They say related to the one in SF.
I’d go for a meatball breakfast sandwich for sure.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Orphan or Roxie is related to the one in San Francisco? Oh boy! How about the meatloaf?

1 Like

The Roxie. No meatloaf at breakfast but otherwise sounds great.
They’ve got an eclectic menu that looks like fun.

1 Like

Sorry to read this. Sending hopes for good health.

7 Likes

Adding my hopes for good health and treatments.

Orphan is popular and the owner (I think he’s the same owner) is somewhat controversial, apparently. The neighborhood gets even grander as you head between J and Folsom, 42nd to 46th.

For breakfast, further away is Bacon & Butter, a great breakfast spot. Even more popular though. ETA – just saw you posted on Camden Spit & Larder. If you are looking for dinner options on the nicer side, Canon is not far from the hospital area.

4 Likes

Duly noted!

Thanks for the well wishes all!

1 Like