Offal and friends

When dealing with offal, and especially when you’re new to it, I’d err on the side of following the directions of others with more experience vs questioning whether a process is “necessary”. It almost always is. Likely always.

1 Like

that’s right. I walk on the WILDSIDE of food. lol

Something I have never cooked but have eaten many times in taco form. I can say the best ones are always super crispy.

Sweetbreads, same for me, at least on the outside. Simply fried up with a lemon/wine/butter/parsley sauce works for me. Many folks throw in the capers here - I’m always the guy that asks the spot to hold the capers…i’m clearly in the minority. We all have things we don’t like. Give me offal, no capers please.

Personally i like to eat fried chicken livers and liver in pate-ish form, not in mushy form.

These are things I rarely if ever cook cuz my family won’t go for it. I still like to slip in some chicken livers into the spaghetti and meat sauce i cook for me and my son, the only meat eaters in our house. He licks his plate clean.

I commend you on this challenge and know it will be rewarding and have enjoyed seeing other folks photos and recipes etc above.

I love oxtails too but since they are now essentially the same price as a good steak which has no bones i don’t choose it as much.

3 Likes