NY/CT/LI Restaurant News, Openings and Closings - SPRING AND SUMMER EDITION

Thanks, Homestyle. Excuse me, Rich…

1 Like

Apparently their lease was up and Applebee’s didn’t want to renew. I found an article online saying the landlord wants to put a Starbucks with drive-thru, fast casual restaurant and a retail store in that spot. Apparently they need to get a waiver for the drive-thru because they are not allowed in Mt. Kisco (other than Burger King, which is grandfathered in). I read a quote from a council member who was concerned about drive-thru traffic from Starbucks causing traffic problems on 117. I guess it didn’t occur to them that the entrance and traffic flow would be within the shopping center. Or they were just trying to find an excuse not to approve it. For the person who said you would have preferred Smashburger to Bareburger where Friendly’s was, maybe you’ll get one here. They went in next door to a Starbucks with drive-thru in a newly built center in Cortlandt Manor recently.

Agree that it is surprising that they closed. I was surprised when they closed in Port Chester as well. That location must have been terrible because they closed pretty quickly there, and even Panera and the Chinese restaurant on the next block are now gone.

I think that was me!!! And yay.

1 Like

Reliable sources tell me that An American Bistro in Tuckahoe/Crestwood will be closing at the end of June, 2017. It has been a long run for the Horton family. Wish them well in the future…

Oh, no!!!

1 Like

Such a great place, I was just telling someone that they were
really the first kids on the block … doing Peter Kelly level of food before Peter Kelly was
known to Westchester.
I was a regular customer when they were located on Marbledale Rd
I remember Denise and her husband as a young newlyweds … great memories … great food
We were lucky to have them in our Village

Chef David Shakin added a little flair to their kitchen over the years, too. Yes, a lot of memories…

Confirming the closing of American Bistro on July 1. Maybe some sort of positive news in that they hint on their menu of SOME sort of future plan, tho clearly not Am Bistro. The story is that they are tired of the daily grind after all these years. They have provided a type of food and atmosphere I don’t find elsewhere.

I’m sorry I’ve never been there. Wish I knew about them before.

This has been a really terrible week for my husband and me. Besides the aforementioned American Bistro closing, we just found out Ernesto’s (in WP) has closed, pretty much without warning. This has been our handy go-to Italian for years and years! We are devastated. It was practically a weekly (or, at least, biweekly) stop for us for ages.

I’m sorry!

Westjanie, regarding Ernesto’s, it could be some physical issue that made them close. It has happened there before. I also know that they have been looking to sell after all these years. So will try to decipher…enjoyed Ernesto’s too.
By the way, Ernesto also operates Pizza Cucina down the street.

Received an email today from the Am Bistro folks announcing that their in your own home catering service will still be operating thru the fall.

The latest report I hear about Ernesto’s is that it is indeed closed after 25 years or so. The reason: landlord dispute over a new lease. Hearing too many similar stories in recent years…

There is a small storefront on Garth Road in Scarsdale with a sign in the window: Grab Ly’s Banh Mi. Coming Soon…

That’s fine, but you should update the master post to ‘summer’…

Yes, we heard lease story, too. And, for what it’s worth, similar factors paid a part in Am. Bistro’s closing,

Done

Well, this was fast!! Never heard a word about this place either!