Notable Openings - Houston

I have kept up with this place because when the dinosaurs roamed the earth my man-slave and I celebrated with friends at our post-nuptial feast here. I consider it an anniversary gift that it is reborn of the B&B brothers. Just before they closed and began tearing out walls (inside and out, I drove by and waved at the “leaning tower” inside the wall-less building recently), we ate a final meal there and were given a grand tour of imminent remodel plans. I think it will be a great place in West H-town for lots of people. There has been mention of a food truck with kid food like fried chicken (NOT KID FOOD) and such. So I don’t see mention of that here.

Anyway, my advice: don’t bother opening until that road widening is done, and April seems soon and an unworthy confidence in TXDOT.

If all this seems unintelligible, my humble apologies. Happy hour on the porch at BRIO at City Centre ended a dastardly day.

Also, hoping Senior Oyster has continued to convalesce at Chez Oyster and is now leaping tall buildings with the most patient tender of patients, wifeacita.

Totally gave up on Brucesw at this point, I think he clicked the “opt out” button. :disappointed_relieved: Rejection is hard for me y’all, keep that in mind.

But seriously, WHAT ARE YOU EATING?

Another Eater update for Carmelo’s. It’s reopened now under its new trappings and nameplate.

I’m sure you haven’t been yet Lambsy, or you would have shared, so hie thee hence and dish!

@jcostiones and/or @wifecita : Let us hear from y’all. I’m getting a wee bit concerned.

(Was it something I said?)

I just heard this earlier today from a friend! I’m very excited. I will definitely be hitting it soon. BTW, wifacita says they’re having some technical difficulties with the computer.

1 Like

Thx and thx.

We are still having computer issues in the jostiones place. Now, the new mouse has to be programmed. I have access at work ssshh…

2 Likes

The James Coney Island on Highway 6 betwixt Briar Forest and Westheimer is now LA Crawfish Shack. I don’t know if it’s related to La Fisheria down the street or LA Crawfish minichain, either or neither.

JCI used to have a kids-eat-free one night a week and my son and I used to go there when he was in a private elementary school on I-10. He’s 29 now, so it was there a loooooooong time.

The Doner Kabob place across the street has finally given up and closed. It was a good place but never found its audience, (so to speak).

Last but not least, I’ve been meaning to tell y’all that Aldi is building out to go into the old Ace Hardware store at Westheimer and Tanglewilde in the center with Houston Jewelry at one end and Los Tios at the other.

I love Aldi and this wll be the first one I’ve seen in an in-line space, as opposed to a free standing building.

1 Like

There’s a La Fisheria on Hwy 6? Is it the same as the downtown eatery opened by the Mexican chef?

Hurry back Los Ostiones, we miss the tales of feedings.

1 Like

Apparently, the one on Highway 6 is “La Fisherman”.

My bad.

1 Like

There’s another seafood place down that Hwy 6 way that txredtop drives a fer piece to get to, called Mike’s.

But locking in your customers? Wat da hek.

1 Like