Northern California/Napa/Santa Rosa Fires

Santa Rosa
“My friend Bob is making ash sifters all day today in two sizes. If anyone needs one, please call him and he will get one to you. Otherwise, they will be dropping them off in affected areas. We only ask that you pass it on to someone else in need when you are done with it.” 707 495 6243

1 Like

It’s so devastating. That not only you lost your property and most likely with this fire the neighbors next to you also. I can’t even fathom the Lost. My thoughts and prayers go out to you … h​:cry::cry::cry:

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, I need to clarify
If this was directed to me, I’m in NJ. I have family and friends on the West Coast. A sister in Sausalito, Marin County and many friends in the bay area. My Aunt retired, sold her home in Santa Rosa less than a month ago and moved to Mexico. My cousin and her family sold their home less than a month ago in Santa Rosa as well and moved to Montana … they are all having an extremely difficult time, sadness, survivors guilt, trauma. My cousin is flying back to help friends almost all of them lost their homes their neighborhoods are gone … the stories are incomprehensible … they all work in the wineries and farms that offer high end food offerings and entertaining. I am getting a lot of the info I’m posting through my FB feed … everyone is encouraging sharing info … there is so much good happening too … A lovely and generous offer from a HO as well

5 Likes

Thank you for spreading the word. I lived in NorCal for many years – great to get solid guidance for how to help, even from a distance.

2 Likes

posted today
PLEASE COPY AND REPOST. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT AND WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP WITH THE RELIEF EFFORTS.
Central & Northern California:
Please share this - I80 as well and I5
Authorities are asking to limit use of the 101 unless absolutely necessary. There are 2500 coast guard troops on their way. Also heavy equipment coming from all over the western portion of the United States. The 101 freeway is going to be the main artery used for traveling north. Please slow down, don’t cause an accident, stay out of the fast lane if you see red lights behind you.:heart:

This weekend, b. Patisserie will donate 50% of all sales to the NorCal Wildfire Relief. Please, I would love for you to come this weekend and donate whatever you can.
At b. patisserie we’ll offer a BLACK SESAME KOUIGN AMANN - you can pay whatcha like! :yum:
At b. on the go you can also pay whatcha like for a CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE! :yum:
…100% of these donations will go directly to NorCal Wildfire Relief!
I want to raise as much as we can to help support those affected by the wildfires, my heart is with them. THANK YOU in advance for helping us support our local community.

3 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Thank you

An update from a couple of media sources (TV last night and Chron today):

1. The evacuation centers are overflowing with donations but the Santa Rosa homeless shelters are suffering with their normal sources of food constricted. The Chron article only mentioned one drop-off for branded food donations, St. Vincent de Paul in Santa Rosa. Since everyone is being told to stay OUT of the area unless necessary, I’d suggest calling your local StVdP and asking if they have any way to accept food donations with the charity bringing them on masse to Santa Rosa. If not, monetary donations are probably best, either to St VdP or to the Redwood Empire Food Bank (which I posted above).

2. One TV station mentioned this very worthy cause for the firefighters fighting the Sonoma & Napa fires. Many have been working for days straight and unable to check on their own homes, families and friends. The information is below:

A GoFundMe campaign has been started by the Marin County and Santa Rosa Firefighters to help ANY firefighters working the Sonoma/Napa/et.al. fires who end up suffering their own residential fire damage:
http://www.gofundahero.com/campaign/detail/4913

3 Likes

Just got off the phone with 2-1-1 (10/13, 11:57am)
REDWOOD EMPIRE FOOD BANK is in dire need of FOOD DONATIONS: READY TO EAT NON-PERISHABLE FOODS,
REFB IS DELIVERING THE FOOD TO EVACUATION CENTERS
TO PROVIDE IMMEDIATE EASY TO OPEN, EASY TO EAT FOOD (Many places cannot heat food, NO glass containers please)
-You can find more information on their website: refb.org
PHONE NUMBER: 707-523-7900
*SALVATION ARMY & GOODWILL ARE ALSO DELIVERING FOOD
Please share, copy/paste !!!
Thank you!

2 Likes

16hrs
Spirit Works Distillery
Sebastopol, California

amazing day bottling an entire barrel of Sonoma Strength Whiskey! All proceeds from this barrel will go to local disaster relief in Sonoma County and beyond. Help us help those impacted by the fires by coming in to the Tasting Room tomorrow and buying a bottle. Be Strong, be Safe, be spirited.

swd2

1 Like

Grand Opening: The Healdsburg Free Store! Starting tomorrow, Monday October 16th, the Healdsburg Free Store will be open for fire victims and evacuees to come shop and attempt to replace lost items. We have baby, kids’, womens’, mens’, and maternity clothes. Shoes, socks, underwear, towels, blankets, work clothes, toys, books, school supplies, crayons, baby gear, toiletries, and more. WITH MORE NEW ITEMS COMING EVERYDAY. Please help us spread the word!
THE HEALDSBURG FREE STORE is located at 190 Foss Creek Circle Unit K. Just to the north of the Healdsburg Post Office. Location details: Enter the driveway just to the north of the post office. Drive all the way around to the far back corner of the building, look for a roll up door that faces the freeway. Store hours are 9am to 7pm Monday to Sunday. (Seven days a week).
WE ARE NOT TAKING DONATIONS AT THIS SITE, JUST A “FREETAIL” LOCATION

1 Like

"BUSINESS OWNERS:
I am the Human Resources Director at the Hilton Sonoma Wine Country, located in Santa Rosa. The entire property was lost in the fire. We have about 130 employees that worked there as of last Sunday. Today we met with the displaced employees to answer questions, offer assistance and give them resources to assist them in their job search.
What an amazing work family that I have had the privilege of working with for the last 17-months! I would love to see each of them find new jobs, and work families, ASAP!
If anyone is looking for awesome employees, please PM me or you can e-mail me your open positions, and how to apply lenora.olson@atriumhospitality.com (Hilton Sonoma Wine Country is owned and operated by Atrium Hospitality)
We have the following skill sets that will be looking for immediate employment in and around our community.
*Dishwashers
*Prep Cooks
*Line Cooks
*Executive Chef
*Director of Food & Beverage
*Assistant General Manager
*Restaurant Manager
*Restaurant Supervisors
*Host/Hostess
*Room Service Servers
*Restaurant Servers
*Restaurant Bartenders
*Busser/Runners
*Engineer/Maintenance
*Chief Engineer
*General Manager
*Controller
*Accounts Payable
*Accounts Receivable
*Executive Housekeepers
*Housekeeping Supervisors
*Room Attendants
*Housepersons
*Laundry Attendants
*Public Area Attendants
*Room Inspectors
*Front Desk Associates
*Night Auditors
*Banquet Captains
*Banquet Set-up
*Banquet Servers
*Banquet Bartenders
*Director of Sales & Marketing
*Sales Managers
*Event Sales Manager
*Group Rooms Coordinator
*Sales & Marketing Admin
*Concierge
Thank you. "

3 Likes

So sad - all of these people…

2 Likes

Hall winery matching donations up to 100k
The Bay Grape is accepting donations (both money and goods), and they’re distributing them to relevant organizations and evacuees.
New Delhi Restaurant is trying to raise $50,000, and the eatery is hosting a fundraiser to do so on October 28th. The restaurant’s owner has already given $1,000 to the campaign.
The Dorian has pledged to donate 50% of all wine sales during their benefit event on the evening of October 12th.
Chez Marius is giving 50% of dinner sales to the Red Cross.
Le P’tit Laurent is also giving 50% of dinner sales to the Red Cross.
Heritage Eats has pledged to donate 10% of all sales to the Napa Valley Community Foundation.
Local Food Adventures will be donating 25% of the profits from booked tours and gift cards sold between now and October 15th. The proceeds are going to a Santa Rosa food bank, F.I.S.H
The Drawing Board is providing a special menu to firefighters and fire victims indefinitely.
The Albertsons Companies grocery stores in Nevada and Northern California are matching donations up to a total of $500,000 (this includes Safeway, Albertsons, Vons, and more). The money will go to disaster-relief organizations.
Peet’s Coffee & Tea Shop is letting customers make digital or cash donations at any of its coffee bars through October 22. The funds are going to their North Bay Fire Relief Campaign. Gifts up to $10,00 will be matched by the company.

2 Likes

Updated by Bay Area News Grp as of today, 5:19p

A closer look at the 22 wineries damaged by Wine Country fires
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/10/16/a-closer-look-at-the-22-wineries-damaged-by-wine-country-fires/

So much destruction, and the effect this will have on the workers, those displaced, the communities - just gut-wrenching.

1 Like

Rain is in the forecast Thurs pm.

3 Likes

Great!

2 Likes

Jackson family wines & enterprises
“23 of our colleagues have lost homes. We moved 3 employees into our renovated newly leased company apartment building housing today and will move 4 more by the end of the week. 8 more apartments will be ready next week. We furnished, gave welcome gifts, flowers and of course wine and cheese. We’ve helped financially and our efforts our ongoing. I’m proud of our owners and our efforts to help in these difficult weeks.”

Duckhorn Vineyards is doing great things for their people as well who have been affected. Great spirit in California wine country!

5 Likes

From the LUX Marketing Council SF:
While our friends in Napa and Sonoma undoubtedly appreciate our prayers and heartfelt expressions of concern, more pressing, temporal needs prevail – rebuilding homes, rekindling spirits, and regenerating business.
The awful reality is that Wine Country will suffer the impact of the fires in more ways than one, primary among which is the inevitable drop-off in wine tourism. Tours and tastings are being cancelled as we speak, and the media headlines reinforce the notion of Napa and Sonoma as devastation zones. “Nothing to see here folks. Please move on!”
We can help offset this debilitating challenge. How?
Commit to visiting the Napa and Sonoma wine country regions at least once between now and December 31st
Visit a winery - enjoy a tour and/or tasting (for a list of Luxury Marketing Council member wineries go to luxesf.com/ourmembers/members)
Spend a Saturday or Sunday in any of the charming towns and wine districts that populate the region and which probably remain on your “yet to experience” list or haven’t been visited in years—Yountville, Healdsburg, Calistoga, Dry Creek, St. Helena come to mind as just a few examples. Walk the town square; peruse a gallery; dine at a local restaurant; visit a bakery
On your next visit to the wine store or supermarket, buy wines that legitimately originate in Napa and Sonoma. Check the labels
If everyone who receives this email were to spend $100 contributing to the Napa and Sonoma wineries and experiences between now and December, we’d add $1,000,000 dollars to their economies in one fell swoop. That’s a quick and effortless way to help out—money flows, lives are rebuilt and everyone gains—including you.
If you need any information about what Napa and Sonoma have to offer, please visit the following sites:
www.lwnapa.com (Leading Wineries of Napa)
www.visitnapavalley.com (Official site)
www.sonomacounty.com (Official site)
www.napavalley.com
www.sonoma.com

3 Likes