North of Boston Take Out

I hope everyone is well and still eating out or maybe taking out? Since out trip to Wellfleet we have had a few dinners, most to go but one really nice dine in experience in Lowell.
Thai from Sweet Basil in Andover is a favorite, steamed dumplings, wings with chili sauce, basil fried rice which my son always enjoys. Comes with a well cooked scrambled egg on top and a slight heat overall. Pad Thai which I like a lot, well balanced sweet/spicy dish. DH had a basil chicken dish that was much spicier than usual. But was still pretty good.
We also did a Raagini order of Samosas, Lamb Do Piaza, Vegetable Korma and plain Naan. All very good with plenty for lunch the next day.
My youngest and I went to Tasty Dumpling in Lowell for lunch, sat outside at very clean distanced tables and enjoyed Beef skewers (will get the spicy version next time), chicken and vegetable fried rice which was really well done, fresh rice and made to order, Pork soup dumplings and pork & Napa cabbage pan fried dumplings. All the dumplings are hand made on site. Highly recommend a visit if you are in the area. Food was excellent as was the service. Scallion pancake and noodle dishes and shumai all looked amazing. Can’t wait to go back.

4 Likes

The mini hot pot at Tasty Dumplimgs is excellent, but beware, when they say spicy, they mean it. I like spicy, but spicy was almost very spicy for me. Excellent food at this really delightful place.

2 Likes

How did I not know about Tasty Dumpling? Thank you! Sounds like a must-try for us.

Inspired idea for a thread, BTW.

1 Like

My son might enjoy the hot pot more than I, but I really did enjoy the soup dumplings. Will be back for those and some of the noodle dishes.

Its not far from Sophia’s Greek Pantry, worth a visit if you are in the neighborhood.

2 Likes

Awesome—that is in my orbit. Dumplings, here I come.

Love Sophia’s! So many Greek staples in that little storefront. Their olive oil (from the metal decanter) is our everyday oil. A container of their Greek yogurt is in the fridge at all times. We use it in place of sour cream, for dips, and as a cream-cheese like spread because it’s so thick.

4 Likes

We took advantage of the warm weather and returned to Tasty Dumplings for a late lunch. Shumai, soup dumplings, pot stickers with a shrimp noodle dish for the 3 of us. All very good, really liked the noodle dish. We took home orders of Genreal Tso’s with rice and Mapo Tofu over rice.
Looking forward to those.

4 Likes
“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold