"Dumpling Houses/Cafes" in the Greater Boston Area

Inspired by the recent adventures of the other half of @Parsnipity, I ate food from the Cambridge Dumpling House tonight:

At 6 0’clock you have tofu&pork and at 9 the cumin lamb (both really good) but I’m an organ man when my wife is in Santa Barbara, as she now is, contemplating the Universe. What’s at midnight/noon and at 3?

6 Likes

Gonna guess duck tongue at 12, and fried pork intestine at 3.

They do look like duck tongues, but they were in fact chilled pig ears. Very nice and with a little snap. You’re right on the fried intestines – nice and crunchy with only a faint hint of funk.

1 Like

Just to add a data point, Dumpling Kitchen on Highland Ave in Somerville about 1/2 mile outside of Davis Square, is not our favorite Dumpling institution. Despite living right around the corner, we only got takeout from them once or twice and found it completely sub-par. I don’t even remember what we got, but likely the same mix of dishes we enjoyed at Wang’s and Dumpling House (Cambridge).

1 Like

12 actually looks like sliced pig ears to me. The pieces are a bit long and thin for duck tongue. Agree that 3 is definitely intestines.

1 Like

Not a report on Dumpling Houses or Cafes as such but here’s one on dumplings.

2 Likes

I haven’t been, but hear good things about Tasty Dumplings in Lowell. It’s the space on Worthen and Market Sts that was for decades an Asian market on Wrthen and the Southeast Asian Restaurant. It’s had a MUCH- needed renovation…the last time I was at SER, we sat at a table by the window, beneath a taped-over bullethole. There’s atmosphere, and there’s atmosphere!

2 Likes

Chiming in to confirm that Tasty Dumplings is delightful. We do takeout from there now and then. @grumpyspatient first brought it to HO’s attention.

I posted pics of some of Tasty’s offerings on another thread.

3 Likes