Non-Italian pizza

Interesting :thinking:
Almost 19% other.
Lutefisk pizza maybe?
And thanks for the No context Brits tweet.
Followed them

1 Like

I looked online and found a place selling doner pizza near me, here in Canada.

1 Like
3 Likes

Luv Mexican pizza… a toasted flour tortilla with refried beans and seasoned shredded/ground beef/pork… topped with another toasted tortilla with melted cheese, lettuce, guac, salsa, and sour cream.

Hawaiian BBQ - crumbled bacon, diced chicken, pineapple, and sometimes caramelized onion/green bell pepper… with BBQ sauce instead of conventional pizza sauce, with a mix of Gruyère or Fontina with the Moz.

4 Likes

Romanian Pizza!
Jerry’s pizza!
It doesn’t all have dill on it, but the dill pizza looks interesting to me.
https://www.jerryspizza.ro/

3 Likes

But is it worth the possible jail time?

2 Likes

@digga , one more regional pizza to add to my list

1 Like

Looks like a Philadelphia Tomato Pie. https://www.phillymag.com/foobooz/tomato-pie-philadelphia/

Also just the sauce and more likely to be found in a bakery than a pizza place. Served cold. They’re OK, but not a favorite of mine.

3 Likes

Too doughy for me. But I’m also not crazy about foccacia.

I like a nice herby foccacia. I think it’s the room temp sauce on the tomato pie that lessens my enjoyment of it.

2 Likes

I’m not big into very doughy pizza/breads. Neapolitan-style is my groove.

1 Like

That’s a problem of mine–very few breads (or pizzas) I don’t enjoy.

3 Likes

I have love for all sorts of pizzas.

2 Likes

Interesting - and Puyallup - not far. In the grand scheme. But they do what is a huge pizza pet peeve of mine - leave a giant crust perimeter. Looked like a good 3" of bare dough. If not for that, I’d do a taste test for you!

2 Likes

For those of you that luv BBQ/Hawaiian pizza, the following video seems to nail it (EXCEPT HE LEFT OFF THE PINEAPPLE!).

3 Likes

Am not. I don’t like ham on pizza. But pineapple is good, especially with pepperoni or jalapenos.

I went through a pineapple, olive and mushroom pizza phase in my teens. The kosher pizzerias in Toronto make a Hawaiian pizza but I can’t remember what is on it apart from pineapple , mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce.

1 Like

While in Rennes, France, an ex-novia and I were craving pizza, so fortunately we came upon Basilic & Co., a French pizza chain.

Have to say, those were two of the best pizzas I’ve ever tried; I can’t recall the toppings of the one on the left, but the one on the right had four different types of French fromages.

For photo #deux, the espelette pepper oil on the table augmented every bite.

3 Likes

A “Thai” pizza (with eggplant funghetto, mint leaves, and sai oua sausage) at Peppina in Bangkok. Quite fun, for Southeast Asia.

3 Likes

And all the way at the other end of the spectrum, at the first level of hell, we have this specimen coming to us from the Origus buffet of Beijing.

I can’t even conjecture about what the heck it was supposed to be, but I think black beans and durian played their own mischievous roles.

2 Likes