NJ shrimp, what are your favorite dishes?

Hmmm…well everyone has different tastes. I think this dish is very good. It does have some decent spice so if you’re sensitive to that, it may not be for you. It’s only ten bucks so it isn’t a big loss if you’re not into it. Keep us posted. Ps… My friend lives in long branch and now goes to this spot just to get those shrimp. I brought him a few one day and he loved them.

1 Like

Spanos Pt pleasant beach shrimp molly ( 4/5 jumbo shrimp in a spicy tomato sauce) $16 or shrimp in oil & garlic (20 -$14) my two favorites plus rest of menu pretty dam good ! BYOB reasonably priced

2 Likes

Well I’ll take this temperature any day of the week in January! I did a costco and Lidl trip so I stopped at keyport for the combo platter. Good as last time and the view of the keyport creek was absolutely stunning. Words can’t express how you feel when the sun hits that precise angle and it glistens off the public garbage can protruding proudly out of the middle of the creek at low tide

12 Likes

Nice CJ. Very jealous sir

Looks good. Guilty pleasure.

That is not a corvette, Johnny!

4 Likes

Someone tell Corvette johnny that some guy in a Honda named Combo Johnny has Hijacked his tag

2 Likes

Yes but that Honda mini-van will eat a corvette for lunch.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Without a doubt Shrimp Calabrese at Reservoir Tavern in Boonton
**Jumbo Shrimp in a spicy white wine scampi sauce with crushed red pepper sitting in a big crusty hunk of toasted bread to sop it all up with

9 Likes

OOOOH…having grown up in Parsippany, I know how yummy Reservoir Tavern is! Good one, @jellybean! And welcome to Hungry Onion! This is a fun board; tell us some of your favorite spots!

1 Like

Shrimp Beeps at the Belmont Tavern (no, not a typo). I’m drooling just thinking about them…

2 Likes

The Res was my father in law’s favorite place. I haven’t been there in ages

2 Likes

Off the Hook in Highlands also has a Voodoo Shrimp and Scallops dish, I think it is an appetizer, but the portion is huge and comes with some bread to mop up the plentiful spicy/tangy soupy sauce. A good value, and it is very tasty.

3 Likes

Fresh, large and tasty shrimp at Don Jose in Netcong. Arceo has been the best but here is a photo of Shrimp Don Jose.
20201020_124200

6 Likes

Just had that moment when you realize you are eating a lot of shrimp…
Shrimp Garlic Arceo from Don Jose. Added one shrimp and side of jalapenos. This is an excellent shrimp dish with a flavorful garlic sauce. Really good. I was sorry to see my empty plate.

5 Likes

The Angry Shrimp and Lobster at Catch-19 is out of this world. Served in “sinister” sauce - kind of a spicy pink cream… but seems a little more thai-ish to me than anything else. The sauce is so good, i used to just drink it once the shellfish was gone… but wizened up at some point and just asked for the dish with added pasta. It isnt cheap, but it it sooo good.

3 Likes

Oooh, this reminds me of my favorite garlic shrimp ever, the one at Portugese Manor in Perth Amboy.

To be fair I haven’t been there in over a decade but I still think about it.

3 Likes

I have thought about this dish. Tonight will give it a shot.
20201210_183325

Could have thickened the sauce up a bit more. Satisfied the garlic need.

Pretty close.

9 Likes

Once again I show why I am never the photographer when another person is available. Even Stevie Wonder is going, “Man! I could take a better picture!”

These beauties here are shrimp, pork, and water chestnut eggrolls and will be served with sweet chili sauce. Anyway, they taste a hell of a lot better than I made them look. :joy:

9 Likes