NJ ripoffs. This could get ugly....

There are definitely some truths in that Family Guy video. The whole olives and large pieces of tomatoes…

I hope you are not serious about Point Loma Seafood having best (or even decent) fish tacos. They are horrible americanized stuff - there are many good Mariscos (trucks) in SD with much fish (and other like gobernador or smoked marlin) tacos

2 Likes

Well well well. The food snob strikes again.

Just because they are gringo fish tacos does not mean that they aren’t good.

You use the words “americanized” (sic) like it’s an insult, rather than something to be proud of.

I put it to you Greg, isn’t an indictment of the American fish taco an indictment of our whole American system?

Well we are not going to sit around here and let you bad mouth the United States of America !

I will bet you have eaten plenty of Point Loma Seafood tacos and loved them.

Shame on you.

They are delicious, and only obtainable in San Diego. In fact, I view them as especially San Diego.

As Torrero (USD alumus) Point Loma Seafoods fish tacos, along with Nico’s carne asada burrito, are the foods I crave the most when I’m back in San Diego.

Yes they aren’t Baja fish tacos from the grease truck (and Lord knows I’ve had plenty of those), but in my book they are unique to San Diego, 100% deelishus, and therefore the BEST fish tacos in San Diego!

“Humming of grapes of wrath sound as Delta’s file out omitted”

2 Likes

Point Loma Seafood tacos are a unique mixture of everything bad - low quality tortillas amd fish, shredded American cheese (which is not a good combination with the fish) and a “salsa” which is just sad and completely devoid of flavor. Tried it twice - first time couldn’t believe the low quality was just a bad day but unfortunately it is indeed nearly inedible. (And no they are not unique San Diego (there are other things/restaurants I miss after living 15 years in SD) - they are just lousy food)

1 Like

download

First_Navy_Jack_1024x1024
fish-tacos-and-a-beer
Yes, that’s an F 14 Tomcat with those fish tacos !

1 Like

Any del taco fans? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Si !

1-thumb_beerbatteredfishtaco

Now that’s a fish taco we can all be proud of. Alaska!

Isn’t that a Philly thing?

{{placing my moderators hat on}}

Hey there friends…this thread reminds me of a lesson I was taught over at “the other place” several years ago. The lesson was simply; "Don’t yuck my yum"

Obviously we all have varying tastes and taste by it’s nature is very objective so we are never expected to all like or appreciate the same tastes or flavors. It’s perfectly fine to express varying points of view, but there is never a reason to personally attack someone for their taste(s).

If you have a different opinion on something always feel free to express your opinion(s), that is after all what the forum is all about, however there is never a reason to attack or ridicule someone for having a varying opinion or taste to your own.

So let’s all try to remember; **“Don’t yuck my yum” ** _

{{taking moderators hat off, putting back on toupee}}

6 Likes

Here’s a nickel so you can buy youself a sense of humor:

One for you too.

Thank you!!!

It’s an Indian. You better take it down.

Otherwise people will be offended.

1 Like

Humor is overrated

“Don’t yuck my yum" as policy on a food discussion board is useless. If people can’t take criticism about food they eat they should avoid the internet

Criticize the food, not the person.

Were did I critizise a person, I just described why I think the mentioned fish taco is horrible

1 Like

I never directed any comment(s) to you, not sure how or why you are taking this personally. I made a general comment to the entire community.

I thought your comments were directed at the discussion VikingKaj and I have so my assumption was that you think that we both were in disagreement with your “Don’t yuck my yum" policy (which I don’t see as we have just a disagreement about what is a good fish taco)

1 Like

Kids, don’t make me pull this car over…!

6 Likes