NJ Food News

Haven’t been to their other store, but I’m looking forward to this…

1 Like

the LS store is very good- quality for sure- but prices are $$$, to be expected. I expect same for RB, although prob even more items for sale. they have wine shop and now coffee too.

2 Likes

I’ll just be thrilled if there’s a place locally to get good fresh fish.

The parking lot had a lot of cars in it an hour ago. Word must be out. I am referring to the lot right next to Gus’s

1 Like

I think Booskerdoo is already open, and maybe also the liquor store…?

The liquor store is open, but smaller than I would have expected. Heavy on French, but I took Spanish so I was probably not as impressed as I could have been.

1 Like

I went to Sickles once. It was nice enough but not really worth the ride. The RB location doesn’t seem all that far from Little Silver and the parking has got to be easier in LS.

1 Like

I went to the other location once. As everyone said and totally expected, pricey. They had a lot of cool stuff but I found the experience stressful. Very tight aisles and was crowded that day. I would absolutely check it out when it opens.

1 Like

Wine shop? I’ve not heard that, but yay!

Prices at Sickles are often fair. For example, their price for Prima Donna cheese is dollars less per pound than area grocery stores.

Amravathi in Matawan is under new ownership and is now Bollywood Bistro. I think there is still a lunch buffet, but I haven’t been there yet. (I prefer the lunch special at Royal Curry to a buffet.)

I just saw the sign change. We didn’t like the previous restaurant but will give the new one a chance soon.

Has anyone been here? This is torturing me! NOTE TO RESTAURATEURS: Eastern Monmouth County is in DESPERATE need of more ethnic options like this.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Um, this is big time

1 Like

I stopped by to check this place out and the doors were locked at 3:45. I saw workers inside though. I could just be a moron but I swear I pulled and pushed each of the doors lol (yes I realize the doors have to swing outward but I pulled on them anyway)…next time.

Una is only open for dinner. At 5, I believe

1 Like

Ah, now I feel slightly smarter :slight_smile:

I will try to get back asap and report when I do. The menu I found online appears to be quite limited. I only see pizzas and literally one app. Maybe it is a work in progress or they focus on a smaller number of items.

1 Like

It starts at 5pm and goes only until the dough runs out. Just about 7pm I have noticed for now… Lines down the block at first starting at 3… But a little calmer now. I can wait until the novelty wears off and they have to survive with town folk until the season starts.

1 Like

Plan your day better than us. Got here at 440, missed the first seating. next to be seated

2 Likes

Maybe I missed it but was there no fanfare or buzz?

Seemed like there was so much interest last year (was supposed to open last August) and then nothing.

I’ll give it a month or two before I try it.

1 Like