Next weekend in Bellevue!

If you have not been, or have been and have a hankering for DTF, it might be a place to consider.

I recall that you’re in the Sacramento area, so the closes DTF to you would be in Santa Clara.

Just a thought.

1 Like

That looks interesting, although I don’t know that it would be husband’s pick. I’m not familiar with DTF. The menu seems to feature dumplings. Am I getting that right?

Soup dumplings (which are, technically different from regular dumplings).

Some info. Not a “must” but just throwing it out there in case you (or your DH) was interested.

1 Like

The xlb at DTF may be my least favorite thing there (well, at least in San Diego which is the one I frequent).

Their wontons are very good, though (shrimp/kurobuta and chicken, in either chilli oil or broth, or sometimes they have them pan-fried with the lace on the bottom).

Our other favorites are the pork chop over egg fried rice, pork ribs, woodear salad, soy noodle salad, vegetables (all of them, but the green beans and broccoli are especially good), and the rice cakes (any of them, but we usually get them vegetarian).

1 Like

Agreed.

Best thing at DTF is the steamed chicken soup and the veggie/shroom fried rice.

Here’s a contrasting vote. We were at DTF quite recently in U Village. And we went in Las Vegas too. It is very pretty and glitzy but you can get equally good xlb and other dumplings, as well as quite better ones, in the PNW, WA, BC etc. DTF is riding their gold leaf covered coattails at this point. Also, shrinkwrap lives near about the Bay Area. Plenty but plenty of good Asian food there. No need to come here and go to a chain for that. But if you go shrinkwrap, something about their cabbage and garlic dish makes me swoon. It’s unfortunate that you are busy all day and no car, because Seattle has much better food options than Bellevue.

1 Like

Thank you!

I have assumed the conference is in Bellevue because it made sense financially, and if I wasn’t going to Bellevue I might not be going to Washington at all.

I wll try to make the best of where i go.

Not a fan o Vegas but expect to be there later this year, and I will always be on the lookout for dumplings and other good eats. We finally got to. -several months ago.

2 Likes

C’mon, plug your place. You’ve earned it!

2 Likes

Lotus of Siam

1 Like

YES, Lotus of Siam is the one! LOS is off the “strip”, but walkable, and very popular, often there are lines. Don’t know if they take reservations. FYI, there’s no shortage of excellent food in LV!

1 Like

Currently*, according to google, it’s only a 9 minutes detour to go from Seatac to Bellevue through Georgetown vs up 405. So easy! :slight_smile:

*subject to change, weather, accidents, bridge openings, sporting events, construction, etc, etc

1 Like

Call it by its name…

Is it …

2 Likes

yes, although I don’t make pate de fruits or caramels anymore, there’s probably some website SEO I need to update

1 Like

I hate beautiful chocolate.

It makes me feel so bad eating them.

Well done, you are quite the talent.

1 Like

:laughing: :rofl:

Yes, but is always so “extra”, at least on the strip.

1 Like

True, for me a little LV goes a long way, but it would be fun to go and focus solely on food. Not sure if possible there - a lot of distractions.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

So far Daniel’s Broiler
I had the Caesar salad, the boneless rib eye, garlic mashed potatoes.

Perfect sear, nice char, temp on point. I ate 10 bites and have been nibbling on it since.

husband had some barbecue shrimp in an amazing bisque -like but spicy sauce

And the New York strip, which I apparently didn’t get a picture of
I noticed several subtle attempts to “up sell”, no doubt related to pay +commissions on sales rather than tips. .

We were not swayed , and the bill still came to a “few” hundred dollars. One glass of wine, about 5 diet cokes (:face_with_hand_over_mouth:), and we did get an amazing peach Melba browned sugar cake. We tipped him a bit for otherwise great service.

And Dough Zone for lunch today; I tried several of your suggestions.
Pan fried chive dumplings
Pan fried beef cakes
Pot stickers with the lacy bottoms!
Jianbing Guo Zi ( with crisps) too sweet. Red bean paste?
Soup Dumplings
And more good stuff. …list at bottom🥺

an

4 Likes