New saucepans from Brooklyn Copper Cookware

The big box arrived from Brooklyn Copper Cookware, and I just unpacked it to reveal the lovely newly released 1, 2, and 3 QT saucepans with matching lids.

These are thick and heavy copper saucepans (3 mm) lined with hand-wiped tin, and the cast iron handles are attached with copper rivets. The 3 QT saucepan has a a helper-handle. The quality is incredible, and my photos do not do them justice.

These are beautiful designs that are extremely well made, and I look forward to many years of cooking with them.

BCC has hit another home-run here, and these saucepans prove again that they are one of the leading manufacturers of copper cookware on the planet - and they are entirely made in the USA.

I should add that my only association with BCC is that of a happy repeat customer who enjoys cooking with copper cookware.

3 Likes

Nice look cookware and better yet, very nice specs. Don’t forget to update us later what you like and don’t like about the cookware (say a week or a month from now).

I made some beurre blanc last night in the 1 QT BCC saucepan using a matcha bamboo whisk with which to whisk in the butter, and it worked like a charm:

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Good to know the pot is working out and better yet the matcha brush works well with it.

followed y our advise
able to order a long handed Yuko Black, her husband also a chef, Australian
Very good communicator,
advised me to order the Chasen Ooaraho ( approximately 36 prongs) made by master craft Sabun Kubo. He lives a few miles from her.
She says the the black bamboo is rarer, slightly more expensive, ( a few dollars more bec the wood is more difficult too carve) but the white one will last longer unless I prefer a black one for ceremonial purpose.
I ordered an extra long handle ( 6") and so, the total chasen would be 8.5 inches to avoid wearing gloves because of heat.
The wood is aged for 3 years, will take one month to make, no chemical as opposed to the Chinese made one.
The total cost is 7000 yen shipped ( including plus a stand)
Thought you might be interested.

Just on a side note, black bamboo grows in my neighborhood here in the bay area of California. As well as several other species. And I think I remember seeing a YouTube video of the making of a whisk. Perhaps someday when I have nothing better to do, I’ll try making one.

I was told by the shop owner that they age their bamboo for 3 years .
Good Luck for being so ambitious.