New Orleans Trip Report - BEWARE - VERY LONG

we loved Commander’s Palace on our first trip. Central Grocery muffulettas have become a standard, and we actually preferred the oysters at Acme than the ones at Felix. I want to try Jacques Imo’s too. looks like it’ll be 2021 or even later though…
:frowning_face:

1 Like

The great oyster battle between Felix’s and Acme is one of those fights like that between Eastern and Western NC bbq or over mayonnaise brands. The actual difference is often negligible. Both are really good, but you pick one and that’s your team.

1 Like

ohh, i misunderstood your “must” list to be a “wish” list! you’ve already been! yes, to each their own!

and we actually liked the ambiance at Felix’s much better.

Well done @mariacarmen , as always! Heading there in September and leaving bookmarks.

1 Like

yay you! i’m due back, but probably won’t make it for a couple years, sadly. too many other places are on our list.

looking forward to hearing what you discover!

We’re here!
Just arrived, and we had a “meh” dinner at Mr. M’s Bistro. In retrospect, I see several posts about the BBQ shrimp, and sort of wish I tried it. Insted I enjoyed the soft shell crab.
It was “fine”, and near our hote, which is what we wanted our first night. I suppose I’m supposed start a new thread.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I would have steered you away from Mr. B’s if you’d asked; it is pretty meh and touristy. And I hate to say this, but don’t waste a meal on Dooky Chase, if you’re planning one. Food there is also just not that good.

Thank you! While l share an opinion from time to time (I have already said my piece about Dookie Chase, including appreciating the stories) this trip is mostly about sharing time with family . I have come to terms with having some"meh" meals.

5 Likes

Entirely reasonable.