New Jersey Hot Dogs

When at the Haskellā€¦

(Unfortunately the bun was over steamed and the bottom was a mushy mess)

5 Likes

For those who love Windmill hot dogs, hereā€™s a chance to win a dog a week for a year! Just create an awesome poem, and be added to the Customer Hall of Fame! Someone already won cheese fries for a year.

2 Likes

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Funny how hot dogs
Look like poo

1 Like
2 Likes

Yaā€™all should be on FB just to be a part of Hot Dog Nation . :hotdog:

1 Like

Really happy Tommys got the recognition. Love that place

I used to get Italian sausage there, and then a regular dog at Jerryā€™s. The Italian hot dog didnā€™t interest me, and I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to compare it to a standard dog for this ranking.

If I won free windmill fries for a year think I would probably die within that year. Those things canā€™t be good for you and they are delicious! I think Iā€™d take the free cheese fries over the free dog.

2 Likes

Yeah they are good, only critique is they should salt them fresh out of the frier. Just bit the same once they cool and are served to add salt.

Just a quick PSA. If you want to get a classic and good Italian Hot Dog in Monmouth county, time is running out as Jersey Joes is closing for the season on Sunday.

That is all.

1 Like

Great photo. Where was it taken?

Edit: Ah, I see your answer down thread from your post, Vik.

I donā€™t know if we addressed this in this thread, but I am fairly certain the dogs come from Pulaski in Linden. I know the 'basa does.

2 Likes

And unfortunately :frowning:
Capture

2 Likes

Curlz, any update about Amazing Hot Dogs, all these years later. They were my favorites with chili. I am hoping they opened somewhere but didnā€™t promote it.

Nopeā€¦ Eric occasionally recreates a few menu items in his kitchen, but heā€™s gotten deeper in to his other cooking adventures, which you can read about/follow here: Eating With Chef Eric

1 Like

Libbyā€™s in Paterson will be closing at the end of the month. Love that place and Iā€™ll miss it. Think Iā€™ll try to get there this week

2 Likes

Wowā€“and my pal Eric (mentioned in the post before yours) was there last week.

It hit the news last week, lots of people are making their last trip. Or, let me say, lots of hot dog people. Apparently not paying rent for 3 years will make the city not renew your lease. Who knew?

1 Like

I went to school in that area, and The Egg Platter and Libbyā€™s were two of my favorites. Now both are gone.

Edit: Iā€™m really skeptical about eating somewhere that has announced a close date. Thereā€™s a reason employees often show up to work at a restaurant to find it had been closed without notice.

3 Likes