New Jersey Hot Dogs

Definitely agree. I’m not a sweet relish guy but it isn’t bad. Kraut and mustard are my main toppings. I do like the windmill hot relish though. I think you would love these jalapeños. Sweet, then hot and a good vinegar bite from the cider…hot but not ridiculous. They compliment the dog nicely without overpowering it in my eyes. I only had one dog. I’m wishing I did two now!

+1 for the Windmill hot relish! Man I can’t tell you how many dogs I had at the Long Branch Windmill after closing time. Don’t think I could do another night like that anymore but I looked at forward to the 3am feast as I did about going out!

What was the dog? Peppers sound great

The dog was a windmill cooked at my parents.

I had one and dad had one. He lined his up with about 6 or 7 jalapeño slices on one side of the dog. I pickled them from last season. He went with mustard and sabretts onions. I loaded mine up with maybe 16 slices, about 8 or so on each side. Next time I’m trying the onion/jalapeño combo like my dad. This was my first time using the jalapeños on a dog. I’ve been pickling peppers for about a year and a half maybe. I used to just do cucumbers.

There isn’t much better at 2:30 than some windmill cheese fries, a dog and a big cold fountain coke to absorb the impact

1 Like

That’s who you remind me of, Peter Piper! When I met you I knew you looked familiar. :grin:

3 Likes

@corvette_johnny - great looking dog. What’s the mustard?

1 Like

That was just some regular guldens…the old stand by.

So today is National hotdog day. Is anyone chowing some dogs down today?

1 Like

I have never seen a more perfectly toasted bun! Daaamn.

I had a couple Nathan’s today to celebrate National Hot Dog Day.

I celebrated last week with an Italian Hot Dog at Jersey Joes in Port Monmouth. Damn it was good. And not good for grading on a curve south of the Driscoll Bridge, but the one I had the other day could stand up to Jimmy Buffs or Tommys.

Also, if you find yourself in Dover and have a hankering for a dog, I have to give a shout out to Big D’s truck in the Dover train station. Dirty water dogs, but his toppings are great. I think he now has my favorite cooked onions.

Dedicated to @corvette_johnny, at Windmill Long Branch. (FYI sign on Max’s says; Coming Soon Max’s Bar and Grill”)

4 Likes

Nice! Good day for some wildmill and not the best day for a bbq. I got 22 crabs this morning so that’s on my list of things to chow down this afternoon.

3 Likes

I noticed the “Max’s Bar and Grill” sign last night, too! Website says full-service bar and drink specials. No word of opening date. They had originally targeted Memorial Day weekend.

Is it me or does long branch seem to be quick and rather efficient with getting businesses up and running? I’m not saying in this particular case, but in general stuff seems to move in that town.

A live video on New Jersey hot dogs at Johnny and Hanges.

I’m like one of 6 people in the universe not on fb. Is this available anywhere else?

1 Like

No, it was Facebook live

I’m #7!!

I’m #8 :slightly_smiling_face: