New Jersey Coronavirus/Covid19 Local Restaurant Specials

good for them. hopefully some of the other spots are doing well too. currently trying to decide if Christines and Drews are too far to make it home with take out…

2 Likes

Lusty Lobster has delivery/curbside- culls 5.99 1lb -1.25lbs 6.99lb and 1.5-3 7.99 lb…

3 Likes

OMG. TG my freezer is too full to fit even one pint!

I got take-out at Shanghai Bun today (about 12:15). There was no one else waiting, and it took only about 15 minutes from call to pick-up. Shredded Beef with Hot Pepper Noodle Soup, Vegetable Spring Roll, Fish Filets with Hot Bean Sauce, and Pork with Eggplant. We will get at least three meals for the two of us out of this for $40 including tip. (They were fine with cash, so I could just hand them two $20s to avoid getting “dirty money” back. Don’t forget, cash will save them the credit card fees!)

I also swung past Chicken Holiday/Golden Dragon/Angelo’s/Bagel Time–all have their “open” signs lit, but I didn’t stop to verify.

Won’t be getting take-out for another week or so–between the roast chicken I got at Shoprite and the Malaysian Curried Fish I made, the fridge is full! May do Sichuan Cottage then.

3 Likes

We had a reservation at Drew’s for next Saturday. I’m trying to decide to drive the 1 1/2 hour round trip for takeout :slightly_smiling_face: It’s awfully tempting, and will definitely be worth our while. I’ll have to order extra for leftovers.

I’m also looking to make another 1 1/2 hour round trip for takeout at Chengdu 1 Palace on Sunday. Of course we will order enough for 3 dinners to make it worthwhile.

1 Like

Given the unseasonably warm weather why not make a “day of it”. Take a ride to Belmar or Point and take a walk on the boardwalk, enjoy the views of the ocean etc. There is plenty of things to see and appreciate in the area, especially now that most people aren’t out and about. Then pick up your take out on the way home, break the trip up a bit!

5 Likes

Yeah, maybe if they have picnic benches we can eat al fresco :slightly_smiling_face:
Or we could bring a folding table and chairs and eat in the Keyport Fishery parking lot like we saw someone do on the way to Drew’s one time :smiley:

1 Like

Eli, a few blocks away from Drew’s is the bulk-headed water front and they do have park benches for sitting by the water. So you could certainly do that.

2 Likes

Yes, they have a nice waterfront area in Keyport.

3 Likes

Excellent, yes they do! I wasn’t sure how familiar you were with the area. If you do go I certainly hope you enjoy as you always do, post some pics of the food and beautiful waterfront!

1 Like

Yes, we have walked it a few times in the nice weather.
Unfortunately I will probably be dining at home since I don’t think they will allow me to break open a bottle of wine with wine glasses outdoors :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Probably not, but as uncouth as this might be I guarantee you that nobody is going to check inside your red solo cup. :wink: Plus police are not arresting people anymore for minor offenses, but even if they do as a worst case scenario I’ll give you my cell number, I’m good with the cops. Either I’ll get you off or be your cell mate! It will be like Goodfella’s I’ll make the Sunday Gravy you barter some of your wine collection for lobsters and steak!

5 Likes

Great. Somehow I see this all ending with JR running around yelling about helicopters while yelling at Greg to stir the sauce.
Anyone got Layla in their playlist?

3 Likes

“The End” by The Doors would be more appropriate. Or “Ride of the Valkyries”. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I say Wagner!!

We don’t use solo cups we bring our own red wine glasses :smiley: I don’t think we would be too subtle :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Fyi, amazon just shut down pantry! This is crazy. They can’t keep up with demand. Their stock better go back up asap.

how much meat did you order CJ??? lol

Mr P, if you want I can prob find some brown paper bags left over from my HS days of drinking beer in Central Park??? totally works!

2 Likes

went with the Little Silver and the Bayshore…very excited to crack open tonight

1 Like