New Jersey Coronavirus/Covid19 Local Restaurant Specials

Interesting. Not a word on our very active Next Door site. I know there was a Council meeting this morning, but the minutes aren’t up yet. I still come back to the same conclusion, though: we’re doomed.

Annnnd:

1 Like

Though I read it every so often, I’m not a huge fan of NJ.com but I did find confirmation from WHYY.
https://whyy.org/articles/in-defiance-of-n-j-governor-asbury-park-to-allow-indoor-dining-on-june-15/

2 Likes

Those who forget history are condemned to relive it. Why is everyone trying to behave as though it’s over? That isn’t what history tells us.

Health and happiness to everyone

4 Likes

from the nj.com article.

“While the municipality of Asbury Park is allowing this it is in violation of the executive order,” Quinn said. She said the city is not going to take any action against restaurants that open, but warned the state might not view it the same way. “While the city of Asbury Park is not going to levy any fines against you, the state of New Jersey could,” Quinn said

1 Like

And another article, which covers more than AP:

If I’m going to dine outdoors, it may as well involve Dani B’s cookies! :rofl:
“On June 20 Sweet Dani B on Bangs Avenue will offer outdoor dining from 1 to 4 p.m. and Sunday noon unitil 3 p.m.”

1 Like

In case anyone is interested – Carmine’s and Virgil’s BBQ is doing a drop off delivery in select NJ locations on specific dates. My friend is the Director of Catering.

2 Likes

Not being snarky, but I guess there are enough people from NYC/Staten Island down here now that they think this is worth their time/wanted. (Snarky: in a state chock full of Italian food and some very good BBQ? SERIOUSLY?)

1 Like

I guess you can blame me- check both boxes (not the BBG- they are average at best at Virgils)- but I love Carmines…I know it’s not world beating -but its food I grew up on and enjoy the family style platform)…but I did also belong to group who brought Alfonsos and Deninos so not a total loss…

1 Like

I just talked to my friend - I guess Middletown has a lot of hungry people. She’s received over 75 orders and there may not be enough space on the truck for a Belmar run.

2 Likes

And the State did …

Yes sir, I saw that. However, I don’t see anything in there on the state’s plan for enforcement .

I am trying to stay apolitical on this issue, here. I will just say that from day one I thought it weird that I could, with proper distancing/safety, go to Costco and buy a pair of pants but not the guy on the corner with a pants store. In that same vein I find it incongruous that gatherings of x are allowed indoors, but not at a restaurant (or barber etc). Personally, I’m rooting for Asbury to follow through on this. We’ll see what happens.

2 Likes

Bill Maher - “How come getting on a crowded airplane is ok, but sitting outside and watching a ball game isn’t?”

2 Likes

Here’s my question of the morning, and it’s not political: Why did the AP City Council have to ‘pass’ any kind of resolution if the local business owners are able to violate the EO and suffer the consequences, whatever they may be? The only thing the City has ‘done’ is implement the 25% cap. (sidebar: I have NO expectations of any enforcement since we can’t seem to get people to follow the pandemic rules all over the state.)

1 Like

If I had to guess I’d say it is to let everyone know that they, Asbury itself, wouldn’t be enforcing the Executive Order. Any previous gyms/theaters/whatever that opened were served with summons from the local municipality.

I agree with @tomt but I also think they wanted to make a statement as well. Everyone has a statement to make. I don’t think the restauranteurs are in complete agreement about what is best. I can’t blame them.

1 Like

Oh, they’re definitely not–and that’s obvious by the social media posts that are out already stating that they won’t violate the governor’s order. So our City Council just washed their hands in terms of enforcing the EO. SMH

2 Likes
2 Likes

Some activities can be done masked. Eating is not one of them. There are differences.

2 Likes

Everyone’s making a statement just not always the same one.

Servers masked, 6’ separation on seated and unmasked patrons . Sounds pretty safe to me, but I understand and respect it if you do not feel the same way.