New Jersey Coronavirus/Covid19 Local Restaurant Specials

Not a restaurant deal, but if anybody works with those in need, see below.

5 Likes

I posted on another thread as well- on FB they got some good ideas like feeding hospital staffs, first responders, Ronald McDonald house, Lunch break, nursing homes, some rehab centers, and a cpl low income senior developments.
Hopefully some people in need got some really good eats…

4 Likes

I wonder if JBJ Soul Kitchem will continue their mission with takeout services?

1 Like

I hope so Greg. Their target audience is most in need in this time and prob have difficulty hoarding food at present. I’m sure those in need will grow rapidly in this environment.

1 Like

that Drew’s special post looks pretty tempting too.

2 Likes

There is joy in Mudville: both Shanghai Bun and Sichuan Cottage are open for take-out! I did not check on delivery, or whether it’s the full menu (e.g., are they doing lunch specials?), and obviously this could change. So give them some business this week to encourage them.

West Lake, on the other hand, was not answering the phone; I would assume it was closed. I did not try Jin Li–SB & SC are enough for us. Wing Hing and New Golden Dragon do primarily take-out most times, so if you’re looking for something less authentic they’re probably open.

The Halal Spot is open, and seemed to be claiming their dining room was open–possibly because I think we are the only people who eat in there. As noted previously, Park Place Diner, The Burger Place, and Attilio’s on Cliffwood Avenue are also open for at least take-out.

2 Likes

Yesterday I stopped by the G Spot in Ocean to pick up a salad plus a couple of bottles of Masi…

They’re offering free meals to any kids were out of school (at both locations), which I think is pretty fantastic.

2 Likes

Woody’s Tinton Falls closed. No curb side, no delivery, closed till further notice.

1 Like

that stinks man…but I kinda get it- that’s a huge overhead they have there and they prob make a ton on booze. I think the BYO places will fare better during this time b/c of the way they are structured to not overly rely on profit from booze.

4 Likes

According to a few things I’ve read, it seems they are letting restaurants with liquor licenses sell booze. At least I know Cuzzin’s in Marlboro is selling bottles of wine and hard liquor it seems by the unopened bottle.

3 Likes

Court Jester in Freehold is also selling booze

1 Like

I just wonder how many people are willing to pay the markup those spots need to make their margins when they are going to eat home anyway and can get it at normal retail sans markup? I can get dinner for two from Drews for 60 or Nicholas for 64 and drink a 10 dollar bottle of wine instead of paying 30 for same exact one. I did see St Stephens in Spring Lake is selling wines for a reasonable price. I just wonder how much these spots need to mark up the hooch to make their #'s and if thats viable in current reality. whereas a BYO already knows they only make their bones on food?

1 Like

NJ Monthly has a list of some restaurants that are temporarily closed as well as some that are offering takeout (and delivery in some instances).

1 Like

They have Modine in AP on the closed list but they are doing pick up

1 Like

Well first of all I’m not suggesting this as an investment opportunity for little old ladies to invest their retirement savings. Lol

Sure if a restaurant is looking to “make to their margins” then it’s a ridiculous idea, however I would seriously doubt that’s the case. From my perspective if I were currently in this position I wouldn’t be looking to make my margins but rather just create as much cash flow for myself as possible. It’s a calculated gamble on how long this lasts, but very few restaurants buy their liquor cash, it’s all credit, so in fact for now it’s all margin.

For all intent and purposes the booze they have unopened on shelves today, they don’t have to pay for another 30-60-90 days (as I’m sure the liquor suppliers are going to have to extend their terms) so in fact you should be “pocketing” the entire sale, for now.

Yes it’s Peter paying Paul type of situation but it’s a way to get some cash flow today while kicking the IOU can down the road a bit.

5 Likes

didn’t really think about lines of credit here. I guess that makes sense- just try to grab as much cash as you can as quick as you can to pay off looming debts. I was just wondering of the opportunity cost of keeping the lights on and the overhead it requires vs just going dark and how much the markup on booze helps them make their margins when open. But in light of your point I see why some spots would keep going at least initially while everyone is trying to help these spots at present.

1 Like

Yes, Viaggio and Osteria Crescendo are also on the closed list but are doing takeout and delivery.

2 Likes

Leverage find it where and when you can in difficult times like these.

Another example would be what I had to do earlier today, I just signed the loan documents to take a second mortgage out on @seal house. Worst case example like I said above, I’ll take the cash and never make a payment!!

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Lemon (Mediterranean) in Freehold

Christines in Atlantic Highlands now has a Prix Fixe menu for curbside on their FB page

Carton Brewery is allowed to sell packaged direct to the public with curbside pickup. And they can deliver to your door within 10 miles.

My favorite Texas Roadhouse is ramping up their takeout service as is Jersey’s Mike’s to be as easy and convenient as possible.

3 Likes