Nettie's house of spaghetti - tinton falls, nj

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:!

2 Likes

Well said , Bravo :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Very well said, as always Greg. I am a somewhat long-term follower and former NNJ resident now residing in Ocean County and concur completely. The venue is in a somewhat untenable position, but given the regional news coverage, may experience a net positive.

2 Likes

Iā€™m posting this for two reasons: 1.) Itā€™s obviously on topic 2.) It kind of sort of reflects my personal opinion on this new rule of theirs.

Let me start this with the following statement: Nettieā€™s has become a very popular restaurant with a very loyal following. Kudos to them, they have successfully achieved what every restaurant owner wants.

However, while I completely understand and appreciate the ā€œthoughtā€ behind the rule, I kind of think they are taking themselves a bit too seriously. Itā€™s a good restaurant but they are NO (original) Nicholas, for example. I could see them instituting this policy IF their restaurant was truly a ā€œFine Diningā€ establishment, Nettieā€™s in my opinion is not nearly in that league. Their name is ā€œhouse of spaghettiā€, that alone suggests a non-formal dining environment.

Additionally, I will add a couple years ago myself a couple of other Hoā€™s (you know who you are) had a VERY disappointing experience here, after that I gave up on it. I only bring this up because I think there is a lot of push-back from ownership and their followers with regard to criticisms.

So here you have it, locals are questioning how a closed farm market is creating this buzz, I kind of agree.

5 Likes

Thank you for that.

Nastyā€™s House of Spaghetti knows exactly what it is doing with its game of divisiveness and self-promotion. Wonder where that playbook came from and who it plays to? Amplified by many outlets including the illustrious NY Post some folks now say no kids should be the norm everywhere and toss around labels, conclusions and insults to entire groups of people.

Nastyā€™s can do whatever it likes - how do all the 99.9 percent of other restaurants in the hospitality possibly manage IDK? At least most market with good food, good service and kindness.

Seeing your pictures, this came to mind

Thatā€™s definitely not a fact. Let me guess you donā€™t have kids yourself. And are you also so ā€œfact drivenā€ with adults who canā€™t sit for long periods or behave at all ?

1 Like

I taught first grade for a year and elementary/middle for five. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m basing it off of.

5 Likes

Kidsā€™ll behave however they are taught to behave. The onus falls on the parents to do so. Are there places that are not appropriate for kids (some kids, all kids)? Sure. If parents bring kids somewhere and they are disruptive, I have no problem with management kicking the family out. If your kid canā€™t manage themselves, either due to age related behavior or behavior for other reasons (hasnā€™t learned coping strategies or the ability to read a room for expected behavior for whatever reason), the parents need to be on top of that. If you bring your kids somewhere and your expectations for how they should be allowed to behave differ wildly from the expected norms of the establishment and its patrons (hint - there are other kids here, but they are staying in their seatsā€¦), you are probably the problem in this scenario. Being out in public does not remove the responsibility to parent your kids.

I say that having been a teacher of middle school/high school for over 25 years (English and Special Education). I always wonder about the behavior cases in my classroom. Then I meet their parents and it almost always clicks into place. Kids need parents to provide structure and consistent expectations that meet the needs of their surroundings. This includes restaurants.

Now, that being said, having read this whole thread, from before the restaurant made this decision, the owners sound like defensive jerks who are argumentative and also lack the ability to read the room (at least when it comes to their social (media) pragmatic skills). I donā€™t think Iā€™d eat at this restaurant if it was an oasis of calm in the middle of the apocalypse at this point.

8 Likes

Yep.

Nope.

Judging from the 15 likes of this post

and numerous other comments, and the incredible (mostly right wing propaganda) media generated, Iā€™d say they are reading their room perfectly.

They can have it.

1 Like

LOL

Ironically, I am totally ok with child free environsā€¦just not to have to mandate them to be such.

2 Likes

I wish some posters were capable of a little more nuance, a little less mouth foaming. And these are all supposedly adults :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

They could merge with two other concerns and become The Olde Nettieā€™s House of Cheesecake Spaghetti Factory on Rue Shaftoā€¦.lever the publicity.

3 Likes

One thing to think about. Nettieā€™s obviously has a loyal following. But what about their loyal patrons who have supported them the last few years and have well behaved kids under the age of 10. Will exceptions be made when they open back up. Unless youā€™re a fly on the wall every night who will know. Definite Catch 22.

3 Likes

And thatā€™s why it is a fact ? - normally when people have to ā€œconfirmā€ their opinion as ā€œfactsā€ it is more an indication that they are not sure what they are talking about.
I would argue that similar to adults the range of kids who can sit for a long time or not is very broad. I know many kids who have no problems to sit quietly fir 2-3 hours in restaurants (but know also many adults who canā€™t do it).

1 Like

2,983 Likes, 272 Comments - ā€¢The Blockā€¢ (@theblocknj) on Instagram: "The kids fight back @netties.house.of.spaghetti"
The Butcher Block has a video that they made regarding Nettieā€™s policy on Instagram. I copied the link, but just this picture came up.

2 Likes

Donā€™t get me started on them!!! lol

4 Likes

Thatā€™s probably it.

2 Likes

I think if we all try reeeeeaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyy hard we can keep this thread alive by random bickering and continuing to pick fights over kids in restaurants.

Good job so far, all! Goldstar.

7 Likes

The horse died several pages ago.

3 Likes

Right wing. Heh. Love this though!