Necessity is the Mother of Invention....Great Food Related Inventions

Pay wall. Well, I’ve been doing it for 20 some years. My grandma did same. Also a stick of butter lasts 7-14 days for us so I’m not going to worry.

1 Like

A stick of butter last us 3-4 days for spreading on bread or pancake for breakfast
If I do not need it, I just place the emile henry butter pot back in fridge, take it out when needed .
I always change the water daily, replacing it with ice cubes, then, leave it on the counter away from sunlight.
Have never had problem with it since I purchased it 3-4 years ago.
I also keep butter in the regular butter dish for cooking which does not need to be oft.

I’ve been in this “discussion” with my wife for the 3 months since someone told her it was OK to leave the butter out on the counter in a covered dish. Since she recently bought a covered butter dish to match our daily dinnerware, I doubt I’ll be successful in changing up but, just in case… do you transfer stick butter to the ‘pot’ after its at room temp? Or does the pot hold the butter that comes in tubs?

Cooking food gets my vote as a great innovation. I think a lot of stuff is really good raw but a lot of stuff is way better cooked.

Also - if pickling weren’t invented nobody would eat olives.

1 Like

Whatever works for you. Putting the butter back into the refrigerator seems to defeat the purpose ASAIC. Fussing with ice cubes or daily water changes seems bothersome but, again, whatever works for you. I’ll continue to leave our butter at room temperature one stick at a time.

I transfer a stick of butter into the EH pot when it is soft enough to spread
I leave the pot on the counter where it will not be exposed to the sun
change the water daily with 2 -3 ice cubes when i am about to have breakfast, the ice will be mostly melted when i am done with breakfast.
Emile Henry’s butter pot comes in different colors
I also bought a tovolo silicone scoop and spreader from amazon ( I just looked , still available)
It comes in handy to scoop the butter into the emile henry’s pot as well as scoop it out and to scoop jelly jam
Do not believe believe who gave it a bad review
I have had it since i received my emile henry’s butter pot and it is still holding up
I believe they discontinued the burgundy color ( purchased from them at the same time a pizza stone and this pot)
The pizza stone is fantastic!!
We now just buy refrigerated pizza dough, place it on the hot pizza stone that gets warmed up in my commercial vulcan oven for I think 15 min -20or so, ( my son is the one who makes pizza) , the pizza comes out very crispy . No longer like buying pizza as he can roll the dough very thin which makes it crispy with less calories!

I transfer stick butter int the emile henry butter pot after it is soft enough to spread. Buy my butter from Costco, , It is sold in 3 boxes ( 4 sticks to a box) never bought any tub kind.

In the rare instance when I am not able to finish my softened stick butter in the EH pot ( away for a few days or when I am in the mood for Chinese breakfast such as siopao or turnip cake when available which I tend to have for a few days straight ), I just place the pot in the fridge.

I do have a covered butter dish that I leave in fridge to use for cooking and baking.

Imagine having a plastics class! I’d be all over that if it existed in my school years.

What about using the squeeze packet of butter and spreading it with a spork? Seriously, I don’t bother spreading what could be liquid at room temp (vegetable oil out of a bottle). I did find a spork today though.

Why in the world would you need to use a SPORK of all things, specifically, to accomplish this task?

My task was to relate to this topic, and what I was trying to say was that I found sporks more necessary than butter. Oddly there are different shapes of spork; one that I saw had only two extra tiny teeth in the middle of a spoon, and I couldn’t figure out what the point was. Some tongs together form sporks too.

I have no answer to that at all. Go with god my friend.

Look at it this way, I consider cows more sacred than utensils. :raised_hand:

Thinking about it some more, the micro spork must be for tapioca pudding, when there’s one little piece left in the bowl.