More Chowhound Shenanigans

No…not Melanie I forgot all about her. There was a newer one, her name was Marcela? Something like that?

Don’t remember, sorry!

Yes, she is.

I always though Melanie was just a poster…albeit an extremely prolific one.

2 Likes

You’re thinking of Marssy? Her real name is Marcela.

Don’t think she’s a moderator anymore. At least, she doesn’t moderate much.

I don’t think Melanie was an actual moderator. She is now the most active poster on the SF board. Be that as it may.

I’m not sure she ever was a moderator - the policy had always been for the moderators to be unknown. Marssy is a Senior Community Manager:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/marssy

1 Like

You could be right. It’s been awhile!

Looks like they did change the article to correct this.

Actually, the spatula DOES have a naughty connotation. A few years ago, a local Boston area radio chat show discussed the Fetish Fair held in, IIRC, Attleboro. Apparently, a number of kitchen utensils, the spatula chief among them, are popular S&M equipment. :hushed::anguished:

1 Like

Many years ago I was charged with exploring computer based training for my company. As a youngster, I lazily searched for CBT. Eek, who knew?:astonished:

1 Like

Years ago, during the first or second CH exodus, Mouthfulsfood.com was formed & I told my wife that there were some posts she should read (she’s not a food board type of gal). She called me from work, yelling that I was going to get her fired & what the hell was I reading anyway. She’d gone to mouthfuls dot com and, apparently, got an eyeful of,well, something else.

4 Likes

I can’t decide if this thread is full of trolls or dopes or…drolls? tropes? (Not everyone, of course. You know who you are.)

1 Like

There are some odd questions there…

1 Like

The bizarre questions are from people who joined chowhound in 2019 and are making their first comment. That anyone would join CH in 2019 should be the mods first clue that they’re trolls.

2 Likes

Hah! That’s funny. I did some flagging, but to be honest, I’m glad I don’t have to make that call.

I had no idea that anyone read any of the editorial type things on Chow, like Table Talk. I found good comment on one or two specific local boards. There was more?

There were some entertaining threads. The party-pooping admins deleted the Banana Board, which was an April Fool’s prank. But you can enjoy similar content by reading Amazon’s reviews of the Hutzler Banana knife. Still in the ether, where you can google them: “Excremental Encounter”, from Pete Wells, currently of the NY Times, and “Kirgilnix”, which refers to a thread called “Malko’s”. Some of the posts there might make no sense to you. They are spoofs of annoying posters Chowhound vets will recognize.

4 Likes

I remember the banana thread . Now everything is way to politically correct. Wheres the fun

1 Like

This is one of my favorite threads ever. Some is CH specific but so much of the satire applies to food writing in general that it hits even harder now that there is such a glut of professional food writers.

1 Like

That was a lot of fun! Too bad.

1 Like