More Chowhound Shenanigans

Was the banana thread politically incorrect in some way? That’s not how I remember it.

4 Likes

The banana could have become what the eggplant emoji has, so you can imagine some of the low-road comments.

I read and participated in the thread, and I don’t recall anything like that. And making dick jokes isn’t “politically incorrect” anyway, just puerile.

3 Likes

Pretty sure the banana board was killed because we were having too much fun…and because it was taking attention from the regular boards

2 Likes

The Banana Board was great! I think Pat Sulley came up with it. I do wish they had just locked it after April Fools was over rather than disappeared it. It was a good read!

2 Likes

Newest CH peeve is pop up ads. Sheesh!!! Really annoying. I mostly use my iPhone so getting rid of them is a quick finger move, but REALLY?

2 Likes

Weird. I’ve never seen a popup ad of any kind on my iPhone. And I have Ad Block Plus on my laptop, so Chowhound can do whatever, there.

3 Likes

I had downloaded an ad blocker a long time ago but it looks like somehow it got deleted. Giving AdBlock+ a try right now. Thanks.

3 Likes

It’s great. The only downside is quite a few sites are smarting up and won’t let you continue if you have ad blocker. I say, there is nothing on your site that I need that badly!!!

2 Likes

If I’m on my home laptop or work desktop, I’ll go to IE where I don’t have AdblockPlus. I can deal with ads on a large screen. But on my phone? Fuhgehdaboudit!