More Chowhound Shenanigans

Ahhhh, the ol “I fell asleep and didn’t do my homework” excuse again, huh? :grin: I saw the comment but didn’t really pay attention as I’m usually asleep when site maintenance is done. :wink:

2 Likes

And we appreciate your hard work and commitment so that we can all connect!

11 Likes

I wasn’t sure whether to post this here, in Shenanigans, or in the Decline of Chowhound. But truly this is just sad.

“Mardi Gras falls on a Tuesday this year…”

Merde . So, no editors these days?

12 Likes

Wow. I guess even Wikipedia was too difficult to consult?

2 Likes

Hoo boy. That’s…something.

They deleted my comment…

1 Like

Mardi Gras is on a Tuesday this year? I thought that was Easter??

1 Like

You’re confusing it with Lunar Easter. Anyone know what day of the week Caturday falls on in 2019?

It’s always Caturday at my house!

5 Likes

I’m trying to believe that they were attempting to be facetious but reading the rest of the paragraph I see no real hint of that. Good god.

Come on people, be nice. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fat Tuesday, the day before Lent falls on a drumroll please, Tuesday.

Mardi Gras lasts a couple of weeks and not just New Orleans but many more cities celebrate such as Galveston and Lafayette, La.

1 Like

I’m LOVING the comments on CH! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Huh. That’s interesting. Does anyone know what day of the week Thanksgiving falls on this year?

3 Likes

I’m not sure but Easter Sunday is on a Wednesday.

5 Likes

And Valentines is always on a Saturday, planned for maximum overindulgence! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

They delete my comments all the time . . . some of the emails I get from moderators are as insane - if not more - than the craziness I was posting about. And I feel like my comments were benign.

My comment linked the absence of research with the lack of true interest in food of tptb…

1 Like

Is (her name escapes me) the main moderator still there?

Melanie Wong? If so, yes