More Chowhound Shenanigans

OK, now THIS I love reading, Harters! Perfect. :smiley:

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure that had something to do with this:

1 Like

And hereā€™s the latest ā€œwtf??? why wonā€™t you people do my homework for me???ā€ post:

http://www.chowhound.com/post/interesting-creative-chicken-hamburger-pork-chop-recipes-1045486

Touchingly the always - more-helpful-than-CH-deserves fourunder gave a serious answer.

Geezā€¦ so it has to be creative, but the person cooking it doesnā€™t actually have to be creative themself, they can just plagiarize someone elseā€™s creativity?

Iā€™m almost tempted to login so I can suggest Porchetta de Testa.

http://offalgood.com/2006/12/let-them-eat-pigs-head/

I wish I had seen that post yesterday. That ingredient list is just SCREAMING Double Down McGangbang. A hamburger between a battered fried chicken and a pork schnitzel sandwich bun.

5 Likes

Anyone know how to get these braindead moron moderators over at Chowhound to act remotely normal and not like fucking assholes?
I still post there because there is no Long Island NY activity here at all and since Iā€™ve been there ā€œsince the beginningā€.
Iā€™ve had many ups and downs, bans, etcā€¦ but this shit over there has become unbearable.
Sorry for the rant. I figured Iā€™d preach to the choirā€¦

2 Likes

Did something happen recently?

Is there anything you can do to bring some of that Long Island NY traffic over here? IF you have some favorite posters just make a post or comment like; ā€œHey speaking of which you should email jrvedivici (his email is on his profileā€ he has a pretty funny story similar to your post but way off topic for the boards"ā€¦anyone who I receive emails from I try to ā€œalertā€ to our existence here and get them to come over.

4 Likes

In a word, ā€œNoā€.

1 Like

thereā€™s minimal traffic there anyways. lots of lurkers though. the few that have come over here havenā€™t posted on here about Long Island restaurants and other places to eat and/or enjoy food.
I did post a comment or two on here, but no real replies.
There was some banter on CH about a place that served a pork chop or something and how noisy the place is/was but no real mention of the food.
General chattiness about how much someone enjoyed just the fact that they went out to eat, or that they go out to eat every night of the week and occasionally try a new place and how their repertoire includes dozens of restaurants alreadyā€¦ is great for the tri-state Facebook page that is Long Island central and lauds every restaurant just for existingā€¦ but not really helpful for a CH or HOā€¦ IMHOā€¦
That and the moderators are finicky fucks over there isnā€™t news, but some bitch from westchester made a comment and fucked up a post, my exact same reaction has fallen on deaf ears with the braindead moron moderators over at CH. flagging hasnā€™t helped and if I make a proper reply, chances are Iā€™ll get banned, againā€¦
Iā€™m just looking for some edible eats on Long Islandā€¦

I took the plunge and went back to look at my profile. The recipe staring me in the face was for hard shell ground beef tacos. Rated medium difficulty. Incredible. I will check back in another 6 months.

2 Likes

Yeah he was more open in Throwdown but the very premise of that show is quite jerk-y. Oh youā€™re famous for the best XX in the area? Iā€™m going to show up randomly and try to make it better than you.

Oh boy

sck, what are we ā€œOh boyā€™ingā€ here?

3 Likes

Thought it was just me!!

1 Like

And me! LOL

1 Like

The site went all text on me 80ā€™s style. Perhaps if they reorganize the text a bit it can be an excellent idea.

I think that was your browser rather than their site, it happens to me every once in a while as well. I went to Chow and itā€™s the same crappy format. Sorry.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhā€¦yeah, Iā€™ve had that before. I usually just refresh the page (or clean out cache) and it fixes itself.

This was up for two hours when I read it.

4 Likes