More Chowhound Shenanigans

Just saw that. I posted to come to HO!

4 Likes

And it’s still up 6 hours later. That’s interesting by itself.

1 Like

I’ve posted a few things about Long Island on an ongoing thread, back in the beginning, which I thought I could do on the CT/NY board? I was told I wasn’t welcome basically (someone from CT got the same welcome too). C’est la vie!

1 Like

Let’s just post about our beautiful island and leave others to themselves. I started 2 posts. One about anything on the south shore of Nassau (I know you’re NOFO, coll) and one on pizza, just cause it’s benign and although tempestuous, it’s common. I hesitate to reach into true fine dining that really doesn’t exist on Long Island. Looking forward to your new posts coll!

Of course LI is welcome on the NT/CT board on HO. POst away!!!

1 Like

Cool - was that here or on HO?

Sorta dead out here this time of year. We did go to Kumo sushi near the Smithaven Mall last week and enjoyed that, not over the top but fresh seafood and wonderful service; it’s mostly Cooperage Inn, Joe’s Garage and the like for us now.

NY style pizza (the type we prefer) seems to be on the downslide out here, although new owners just opened where Uncle Joes had taken over from Parto, forget the newest name… not rushing to try it out though. I hear they’re redoing the interior, horrors! The pizza at Pera Bell, with their beehive oven, is decent enough but it’s more of a full dining experience. And believe it or not, we do have some fine dining out here, even this time of year!

1 Like

This is funny.

Here on HO under NY/CT, definitely. I may be oversensitive, but a comment or two did turn me off to posting since then. And I feel like it was about Fairway or Best Yet, or something that I do have a bit of knowledge about.

I’m so sorry that happened! Please don’t let a couple of posters spoil the site for you. Keep posting!!! NY/CT/LI! In fact , I am going to see if Sampson can change it to that!!

What? Are you saying their topics do not interest you?

Thank you, that would be so great!

Not sure what you’re saying, about the posters or the grocery stores? I’m talking about two places that started in NYC and LI and then opened farther north. I have been shopping at both for more years than I can remember. Huh?

I guess I just didn’t know what is going on. Anyway.

She’s correct! Just like this life, no forums are free of unpleasant people. There are also supportive people around you, never forget that. This place is big enough for everyone.

Look forward to learning (about food) from you :grin:

2 Likes

Well, it’s gone now. Surprise.

Looks like the whole topic is gone, not just your HO post. Not really surprised, though.

I sent Sampson a message. I don’t think it will be a problem.

Yep, saw that.

At least CH just deletes and doesn’t post back with some inane response.