More Chowhound Shenanigans

To clarify: 8AM CALIFORNIA DST!!!

1 Like

That’s a joke, right?

What’s a joke? The post is real. I did a screen capture on my phone. I have no idea if the poster was being serious, but it seemed that way. I captured it because it was bizarre, but posted it here to see if anyone had any knowledge to add. The fact that it disappeared is, indeed, interesting to say the least.

I wasn’t questioning the authenticity of the post, but the content. Self-critical essays?

I was supposed to promise to be a good girl and never ever EVER do that again. Specifically, "We usually re-activate accounts after we receive the request from the member to get it re-activated and there’s a express commitment to abide by the guidelines. "

I said that I had been ill and couldn’t access my account. And I only got reactivated to see if I could delete my photos (I couldn’t). After reactivation, I never posted.

There’s quite a difference between writing one sentence promising to adhere to the guidelines, and being forced to submit a “self-criticism essay.”

Just sayin’.

1 Like

Can’t believe it was serious.

I wrote to the mods to remonstrate about the banning of a “virtual friend” of mine. I had a friendly reply back from Marssy. So I wrote again asking if the person could be given one final chance (I was aware by that time the person had been on a final warning). Marssy replied saying a permanent ban was a permanent ban, no ifs, buts or exemptions. Which was fine - until I heard about those who have been allowed back after permanent bans.

I have a lot of respect for the CH mods after that…

…you see, I can do double speak as well.

3 Likes

TBH… given the rampant hyperbole on the CH threads here, I just can’t tell anymore :joy:

1 Like

I don’t disagree at all. I’m just wondering if the “self-critical essay” is a wild interpretation of “I know I was wrong in saying that the site sucked and that the mods are ham-handed. I won’t say that anymore.”

I’ve proposed to Sampson in lieu of suspension / self critical essay’s for un-suspension here the offenders are offered those options or a Notjr spanking. I’m thinking instead of having my own board, maybe it’s more like a dungeon…oh wait this is the wrong web-site I’m writing on. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

How many actual spanks are included in a Notjr spanking :grinning:

-0- for you Tom! Any ladies have any questions? (Please!!)

2 Likes

I thought this was an equal opportunity forum :cry:

2 Likes

Do you guys need some privacy?

3 Likes

Oh. That takes me back. It’s like being sixteen again, pleading with nuns that my failure to wear socks didn’t warrant such draconian punishment.

4 Likes

What happens under the Onion stays under the Onion. :blush:

4 Likes

I just got a robo email from “Marcella” saying how much I was missed and begging my return - desperate times LOL

2 Likes

Awww.

1 Like

Wouldn’t ya just lurve it, if that was a true story.

2 Likes

Is your own board like a paddle, or more like a 2x4?

2 Likes