Mini hibachi replacement grate

I bought a little cast iron hibachi to add to my collection of miniature grills. It arrived today, and come to find out it didn’t include a grate, which it should have, given the price, but I digress.
Does anybody here know where I can get a grilling top for the thing? Either cast iron or stainless steel will do, the grill itself is 6" wide, but the little placement steps end so I think that 5" to 5.5" would work. The ones for sale that I found tend to be either 3" or 6". I tried a 6" from another grill, but it didn’t set into all the prongs even if I tried to set it around them and onto the top of the grill.
In other words, this really cheeses me off, but I don’t want to sent the cute little thing back if I can find a top for it.

1 Like

IIWY I’d return it. I couldn’t find a single photo of it on the net, nor a grill plate that would fit it.

Delete

Beautiful grill. It is not unusual to get your own grill top because the grill grates are “somewhat” disposable over time. Of course, you can always put a cast iron or thick stainless steel grate, but more often than not, the thinner grate/mesh. Usually, you would be using something larger, not smaller. Here are a few photos for you to consider.

you can always put something else.

3 Likes

If your grate maximum circumference is 6", then maybe a 7-8" grill mesh will work for you? This is just an example.

https://www.amazon.com/Sunrise-Multi-Purpose-Stainless-Steel-Barbecue/dp/B08TV6BNX3/

2 Likes

Thanks for the input- I pulled the tops off a couple of other grills and you’re right- a 5" top fits on the top of the adjustable rack, but it lowers the usable area enough to make it fairly useless for anything much bigger than a marshmallow. So I ordered a 7.5" rack for it.
The wood stand didn’t strike me as a good idea- I’ll use a saltillo or ceramic tile.

2 Likes