I’m planning to have bi-weekly Friday lunches on my way back from San Bruno to SF. What are your thoughts on these places and is there anything I should add to the list? I’ll have my daughter + stroller in tow, so jammed places are undesirable.
Also, if you’re generally free on Fridays at around noon and would like to check out a place together, send me a private message. If I can get it together in time, I’ll announce group meals to the board as well.
- Dim sum : Asian Pearl, Tai Wu (any others worth it?).
- Jook: Hing Lung or Fat Wong
- Hong Kong snacks: Night Market
- Sichuan: Royal Feast
- Beijing: Boiling Beijing
- Hand-pulled noodles: Yummy Szechuan, Yi Yuan
- Northeastern & dumplings: Tasty Place
- Korean Chinese: Chef Wang
- Hunan: Wonderful
- Hubei: Hu Bei Restaurant
- Northeastern / Skewers: BBQ King
- Other: I’ve had mediocre meals as Shanghai Dumpling Shop, Xiao Long Bao Kitchen, and Root so I’m not planning on these unless there’s been a shakeup
- Ben Tre (Vietnamese): I have this bookmarked. Any reports?
- Cafe Bunn Mi
- Teani’s Italian Deli
- Little Lucca
- Subculture Deli
- Grand Leader Market
See also J. Kauffman’s article on San Bruno, which mentions anupcoming Hawaiian grill and Guatemalan bakery.
- Flavas Jamaican Grill
- Third Eye Restaurant (Nepalese)
- La Tapatia : how is their meat, masa, and parking compared to La Palma in SF?
- K grill and tofu house (Korean)
- Sweet and natural (Japanese)