Mexican take-out in Toronto

Which are your favourite spots for Mexican take-out?

I like Itacate on St Clair W.

Any price point. Thanks!

2 Likes

I find Mexican doesn’t travel very well, crispy things get soggy, but Mexico Lindo and Mexicato in the Scarbs are our go to these days.

3 Likes

I’m okay with crispy becoming soggy!

Thanks!! Realistically, I’ll probably get the take-out from St Clair W (King’s, Tenoche, Itacate, etc ) but I want a bunch of options all over the city.

This place is on Jane

https://www.comalycanela.com/

1 Like

Still want to try Mexico Lindo and can add Mexicato to the list. The St. Clair W. options are also on our list.

We’ve enjoyed takeout from El Charro (Broadview location) and they also have a small patio in warmer weather. Our most recent notes are here. We also quite like El Sol, particularly the tacos sonorenses, sopes with machaca, the mole chicken, and the tamale.

We did takeout from Milagro once. Very nice barbacoa, cochinita pibil, and panels con no pales.

And then there are the options at the food court at 214 Augusta in Kensington Market. La Chilaca might be our favourite, although everything is very good. I posted about this here.

2 Likes

We’ve only had take out from Lindo the past few times(Birchmount Rd location) and it was good but we found it didn’t travel well, hopefully the horrid construction will be finished by the summer so we can try dine in. Mexicato Cantina(Birchmount/Ellesmere) was dine in for our first visit and we loved it, will revisit again in the summer.

1 Like

Hmm, that should be “panela con nopales” - didn’t notice the stupid autocorrect.

Dr J, for Mexico Lindo, I strongly recommend taking a seat at their O’Connor location. Jesus is a good cook, host, and owner. He makes a pretty mean margarita too.

Birchmount is take-out only and as Pedro Pero rightfully points out, most Mexican food does not travel.

3 Likes

Thanks. The O’Connor location is the most convenient for us, so that’s where we would go when we get an opportunity.

1 Like