Mexican Food in Monmouth County

Thoughts/recommendations on where to get Mexican food catered from? We are having a fiesta themed first birthday party for my daughter in May. Anybody have food catered from any of these places?

(David) #144

A little more information please. Mexican Food is a broad category with many styles and dishes. What specifically were you thinking about ordering? Do you just need the food or do you want them to set it up? Serve it? How many people are you feeding? any dietary restrictions?

So I am thinking a taco bar with soft tacos and el pastor, chicken, maybe roasted veggies for the vegetarians and then lots of toppings so people can go more authentic (onion/cilantro) or shredded cheese etc. Guacaomle. Beans. Rice. 50 people max (god I hope no more). I would love to get them to set it up and I’m going to try to get someone to help work the party too. Northern Monmouth county is best. We are in Aberdeen. Thanks!!!

Oh and no real dietary restrictions!

I would ask La Valentina in Long Branch if they cater.

I eat a lot of Mexican food but I can’t recommend a place for a party. One thing to consider is the language barrier. I would honestly try to get a Spanish speaking person to arrange this if you are going to an authentic Mexican place. Things get lost in translation. I’m not saying it can’t be done in English, but I’d just trust me on this one

Some Diablo and garlic shrimp from notb. The pic doesn’t look great but those shrimp were really tasty. For 15 bucks it was a really fair deal. 14 decent sized shrimp.

Yeah good point. My sister is fluent and I’ll probably have her set it up. Thanks!

(Eat Me !) #151

Carne enchilada is $ 4.99 a lb.

They also have great smoked pork chops (chuletas ahumado or kassler rippchen) at $ 4.49 a lb. I like em with kraut & kielbasy.