Merry Christmas to everyone!

5392d094e6131df94a930cfd26db1c23d3e69ec3699f5573aa0f30aba312f648.0

11 Likes

Christmas dinner: chicken cutlets, sour cream mashed potatoes, green beans Almondine, BFs Mac and Cheese. Apps: mom’s stuffed artichokes and shrimp cocktail. We were all over the place today.

12 Likes

We are a day or two late with the tradition of eating Chinese food during Christmas, but better late than never :grinning: We thoroughly enjoyed our usual favorites, at Chengdu 1, of hot and spicy lobster and jumbo prawns, eggplant with garlic sauce, stir fried lamb, chicken ding, ants climbing a tree, and spicy baby wontons in chili oil, as well as a starter of broccoli in chili oil. It all went great with an excellent cabernet. There were enough leftovers for two more dinners.

9 Likes

We usually play an away game on Christmas Eve at my aunt’s in the Brooklyn homeland. She and my uncle were out of town so this is the second one we’ve done at our home. My FL family came up, and with everything exploding up here with positive cases we were nervous for my Mom, but we have just shy of 48 hours left to get her back home safely. :smiley: Honestly we feel very fortunate as all we kept hearing about was cancelled plans from a multitude of friends and neighbors. Anyhoo, here are some pics from the Eve.

2021-12-24 17.36.44

And what would a holiday be without a little bloodshed. Note to self, cut the chestnuts on the cutting board and not in your hand, and not after a couple bottles of wine. Pic makes me laugh.

18 Likes

Glad you’re okay, and yes–that photo is HILARIOUS!!

2 Likes

This is precisely why I follow the NJ board as closely as I do my home board (Greater Boston/New England). You guys are nuts and have a lot of fun doing your nutty things! :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

lmao!! Hope you are ok!! I think that should be next year’s Christmas card, just saying.

2 Likes

If that were my son in the background then yes! That is #1 nephew.

2 Likes

photoshop

1 Like