Merry Christmas to everyone!

oh…sorry no pics unless you would like to see the ribs? And what is left over?
It was really good, cooked hot (450) for 25 minutes and then down to 300 till the thermometer
hits 135.

Your wish is my command:

17 Likes

Merry Christmas!

That looks great!

2 Likes

My son says he doesn’t like prime rib. I say; hold my martini.

14 Likes

Now that’s the stuff! You silenced my inner Clara Peller.

1 Like

Any chance you can sell these for curbside pickup

4 Likes

They left the latest addition to their household at home where it belongs. That was a relief. Otherwise it would have been a three ring circus and possible cause for me to start a NAF/Etiquette thread about unwelcome pets in your home during the holidays. Or any other time of the year for that matter. Without causing hard feelings. It can be a touchy subject :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The final chapter of the Christmas prime rib after Christmas dinner - Left overs dinner last night - 5-6 slices given to a friend - cheesesteak -and finally prime rib potato hash.

In Memorial to Big Beefy
December 25, 2020 - December 27, 2020

{{All Rise}}
In memory of my dear friend Big Beefy, aka BB, I thank you for your service to my family. You served us, and others very well. While our time with you might have been short you continue to live on in our belly’s where in approximately 24-48 hours you will depart us and find your final resting place in the vast Atlantic Ocean.
Thank you and Gods Speed BB

Amen
{{Please be seated}}

Thank you all for following BB’s life and I would have liked to invite you all to the repast but we’re now out of food!!

10 Likes

Sorry, deleted by accident.

4 Likes

Here we are AGAIN at the end of a looooong year. Just wanted to wish you HOs who celebrate a Merry Christmas (even if it’s a small one), and of course, to all, GOOD EATS!

15 Likes

We all have our own traditions. Growing up Jewish we went out for Chinese food on Xmas. I thought Shanghai Bun was still takeout only so I ordered at 10 am for pickup. I was surprised to find a family eating inside. Turns out they are open for dine in!

On the way I saw the neon open sign lit up at Westlake so I zipped in for two orders of my favorite teeny egg custard tarts. The 4/6 that survived the ride home uneaten are pictured with the rest of the food below.

14 Likes

We had our Chinese takeout last night (we had done Barnacle Bill’s on Christmas Eve two of the last three years but they closed early this year-- good for them, though).

And several martinis…

Today is the start of a new tradition. Looking for a multi-hour project, Justin and I hit the Asian market and we will be making dumplings.

They had no ground beef, so the guy ground us some flank steak to order. My jaw dropped when the cashier scanned the bag. :no_mouth:

Will report back later!

Merry Christmas to all!

16 Likes

Meowy Christmas from Gucci and Bulgari :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Update: here they are!

Pan-fried a dozen and froze the rest.

18 Likes

How were they? They look gorgeous!

2 Likes

Delicious! The beef flavor was more pronounced than I thought but I liked them. Looking forward to making some of New Year’s Eve!

5 Likes

Sorry - I wrote this before I read your WFD dumpling post - very impressive.

1 Like

Turned out to be a chicken soup and empanada night.

Ha! Wrong thread but Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

12 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like