McDonald's in General

June 12th. mark your calendar. is that purple shake new? i haven’t been to a McDonalds in 30 years.

1 Like

The only chicken nuggets I’ve ever had were Bell & Evans, frozen, from the grocery store. I’ve never had any fast food chicken nuggets at all, from anywhere. I lead a sheltered life. :joy:. And I do like fried chicken!

1 Like

How are they? I have a client who always gets 2 packages. But they also get hot pockets, so…

Like they always say, McDonald chicken nuggets are no real fried chicken anyway. Man. I need to relive my childhood. I will need to order some McDonald chicken nuggets to see if I like them anymore

1 Like

Freezing cold? I can’t remember having a whopper, and I am curious. Do you mean colder than room temp?

I love fried chicken as well, but lately it’s been a bit unpredictable. Winco has been better than my beloved Popeyes!

I swear some of my whoppers have been cold, like below room temp. I always ascribed it to room temp burger + chilled add-ons.

Must be lucky to have a good franchise where I live. They’re always warm, cheese properly melted, and quite tasty. I don’t/can’t eat them very often, but they’re my FF burger of choice, since we only have McD’s, Carl’s Jr or DQ in our smallish town. Last time we had Carl’s Jr, it was pretty bad, not satisfying in the least, just something to fill the void & fuel the body. It’s never been that bad before, ever, in my experience.

I recently had to go thru a McD drive-thru for a soda on a long drive, and there was a two-window system, one for paying, and one for taking your bag. The line was long, so the vibe was, grab your bag and drive away very quickly.

I was startled when I opened the bag on the highway to have received the wrong order. It contained nuggets, so I tried one, possibly for the first time ever. It was abhorrent. I was viscerally angry and then sad at how bad it was. I couldn’t believe this was a food item that literally millions of people eat and love.

2 Likes

Weird.

Yeah. it is one of the top McDonald items.

If you catch the fried chicken as it comes out of the fryer at WinCo it’s pretty good! I often use it when a need some for a group. I don’t know how many cities have WinCo, but maybe it’s like some grocery stores.

I almost only get thighs, and the thighs at my local Popeyes haven’t been great lately. I think they might be too small, and then “over fried”, if there is such a thing. I won’t give up on them though.

We just got a Jollibee nearby, so I’m going to check it out too.

1 Like

Bell & Evans are good. They also have chicken tenders in addition to chicken nuggets. Recently, I’ve done batches in my tiny air fryer. Thumbs up.

2 Likes

Well, Eater claims Jollibee has the best fried chicken. It is good, but I do not know if I think it is the best.

Best Fast-Food Fried Chicken in America: The Bracket - Eater

3 Likes

Chicken nuggets are simply a vehicle to eat the dauves that McDonald’s has.

Strange no KKC on the list.

That’s how I feel about their fries. Abhorrent is a good term for them. No matter how hot or salty they are, they leave a vaseline-like coating in my mouth that makes me want to grab a power washer filled with Listerine…

2 Likes

Ooh!! An addition to the Water Pik line of products?

3 Likes

Eater has usually let me down. :joy: I tried to follow some of their leads in Detroit and Hawaii. The worst advice, Eater has been way less credible that Google reviews, Yelp or Tripadvisor, for me!

6 Likes

Yeah. I guess they have unusual writers/food tasters.

2 Likes

Fake cheese, anyway. Did yourself a favor.