McDonald's in General

They’re easy as heck to make and a shitton better than McD’s. I do miss the McDLT. Better if it had “B” also; but I liked that thang.

Our BK’s best seller is pot. Nobody eats there, so they gotta make $ somehow.

2 Likes

Sorry you had that happen. So many times I’ve just let it go at drive throughs, but now I actually inspect the order and sniff the drink, if I’ve ordered one. And many times, I have to hold up the line while they correct the order. Shame on me!

Burger King swap meet!

Since they tore down the one on the south side of LaCrosse I’ve always wondered where it moved too

I may have to give Bonchon another try. My first order of fried chicken was really good at the one in Arlington VA.
Then i had a bad meal at the same locale 8 or 9 months later. Just poorly fried with tons of grease and slimey chicken.
Tried another location a year later and it was bad as well.
Worth one more try, though.
Ah, checked the locations map. 547 miles.
Nix that thought. Montana is a lot more modern today than it was 20 years ago. But some things have yet to arrive.
I can get two types of kimchi at the grocery store now, and the gochujang at Albertsons is not bad, but expecting Bonchon is a bridge too far.

2 Likes

Yeah. Maybe Bonchon QC is not as good. I have seen some quality difference across locations. I remember I had one location in New Jesery (next to H-Mart, Korean supermarket) is much better than a new location at Philly Chinatown.

1 Like

I think almost every FF chain varies widely, not only by location (some are just bad), but also by time of day (or luck of the draw) even for the better ones. Get there early before or late after the three peak meal hours and your chances of getting something more freshly made will usually be better (at least that has been my experience).

I think the exception here is In 'n Out. They always have lots of customers, and food is pretty much cooked to order for the masses in line. However our McD’s also has plenty of people in line most times of the day, but they still get it wrong way too often (so I think it mostly comes down to just how much they G.A.F.).

1 Like

Just realize that they rank McDonald chicken nuggets pretty high. Now, I want to try the McDonald chicken nuggets. Now, it can be said that the lower-left quarter is the less competitive corner (Burger King vs McDonald, vs White Castle vs Wendy – for fried chicken)
The top-left corner has the heavy hitters.

3 Likes

In N Out is a chain.

McDonald’s is a franchise operation.

Which one are you talking about when you say the following:

1 Like

Absolutely. Our only fast food is on the road lunch, when we stop in mid/late morning for a sandwich. Always piping hot, too hot to eat sandwich meat, and superb fries. Same fries, left over and cooler are inedible, We also notice differences in the fry-cook. The sandwich varies on some days, both the meat (chicken or fish) and the garnishes. Sometimes meager sauces and veg, sometimes abundant. But time of day is the biggest determinant of quality.

1 Like

Heh. I haven’t noticed any activity around mine, but I’m OLD., so what do I know about drugs, sex, and rock and roll? And hamburgers, of course. And chicken nuggets.

1 Like

To funny re: BK and pot drops. Our BK is actually pretty good, but I did hear years ago that it was where all the teenage drug deals went down. :upside_down_face: then there was the medical clinic in town that grew the magic mushrooms in profusion. That got shut down pretty quickly, once the elders caught on to it.

1 Like

Carl’s Jr chicken tenders have been some of the better fast food chicken that I’ve had. I almost never go to Carl’s Jr, but their tenders won on a Good Mythical Morning episode on youtube, so I decided to try them. I rarely place any confidence in what the GMM guys have to say, but they got that one fairly right.

2 Likes

Wow. I like Carl’s Jr, but I don’t think I have tried their chicken tenders.

All this talk about nuggets led me to crave fried chicken. I got take-out Mary Brown’s fried chicken (all dark meat) for dinner tonight. With wedges, waffle fries and coleslaw.

I like Mary Brown’s (a Canadian chain) more than Popeyes or KFC.

I haven’t gotten around to trying Jollibee or Church’s yet.

I’m not really a nugget person. I order them when I don’t want filet o’fish or a quarter pounder. I’ve had maybe 10 orders of nuggets in 40 years.

Just because you know drug, sex and rock and roll, it does not mean you understand hamburgers or chicken nuggets.

4 Likes

Man. You guys know so many places that I don’t.

1 Like

Fast food chains . McDonald’s and all between. When i eat at them it’s a quick decision. On the road or just a quick bite to eat when im busy. They are there for a reason. Not Michelin star . But fills the gap . I will tell myself. This blows. Or ok not that bad . Maybe four times a year . Im the perfect target out of how many billion players.

2 Likes

FF chains used to be our road trip food, but after a few too many mediocre experiences, we decided if we can plan for a road trip, we can plan for bringing a coupla sammiches, too. It’s not rocket surgery & will be better food any time.

1 Like

When we used to go sell in Redding, we’d stop at the McD’s at the South Weed exit, but if we timed it wrong the Mexican bus line would be stopped there. Good times! Mass of humanity at 6:00 AM
:slight_smile:

2 Likes